Filling ag tires

/ Filling ag tires #11  
If water is H2O(1 hydrogen & 2 oxygen's) then how do you keep oxygen away from rim with just water???

/ Filling ag tires #12  
I've been pondering the antifreeze question, too. Say, I fill the tires with plain water, it freezes and I drive on it. What will it do to my tires? Has anyone here ever done this?

/ Filling ag tires #13  
I've been pondering the antifreeze question, too. Say, I fill the tires with plain water, it freezes and I drive on it. What will it do to my tires? Has anyone here ever done this?

I don't think you would drive on it frozen very far before deciding better. Your talking a Major Imbalance of hundreds of pounds. I would guess that it would try to throw you off the tractor

/ Filling ag tires #14  

The ice can cut up the insides of the tires if tractor was moved with frozen tires. If I ever thought I might need/want to drive a tractor in below freezing temps then my tires would have antifreeze in them. Tires are too $$$$$$$ to take a chance on ruining them

/ Filling ag tires #15  
Wind shield washer fluid

/ Filling ag tires #17  
If water is H2O(1 hydrogen & 2 oxygen's) then how do you keep oxygen away from rim with just water???

What I was referring to is if you use a calcium chloride mix, or any of the others such as anti-freeze or windshield washer fluid, covering the rim completely does help prevent rust. you will find that straight water will also cause less rust to fully submerged metal, than metal that is exposed. Take a piece of metal and put it in a 5 gallon plastic pail. Fill the pail with water so the metal is partially submerged. You will get the most rust right at the water linel.

It is true that water is H2O, containing two Hydrogen and one Oxygen atom (the 2 subscript goes with the element before it not after), but in order for the Oxygen atom to separate and cause oxidation (rust), two Hydrogen atoms need to be released. This happens slower in solution than in air which is mainly comprised of O2 (pure Oxeygen) and CO2 (carbon dioxide), and CO (carbon monoxide). Notice all the more O's? :)

/ Filling ag tires #18  
It is true that water is H2O, containing two Hydrogen and one Oxygen atom (the 2 subscript goes with the element before it not after), but in order for the Oxygen atom to separate and cause oxidation (rust), two Hydrogen atoms need to be released. This happens slower in solution than in air which is mainly comprised of O2 (pure Oxeygen) and CO2 (carbon dioxide), and CO (carbon monoxide). Notice all the more O's? :)

Dang it's been a long time since I studied chemistry. I knew the correct answer I just thought "I'd stir the pot":dance1::laughing::dance1:

/ Filling ag tires #19  
   / Filling ag tires #20  
Not as high as rim guard.

Depends on where and how you buy each one. If you go on an installed cost per pound it's pretty close unless you get a bargain on a drum of washer fluid and don't count your time putting it in as having any value. And then the rimguard isn't flammable, poisonous or corrosive.