Ballast Filling tires for added wieght

/ Filling tires for added wieght #31  
I have filled tires a few times. Once used Cal. Chlor. Mixed it in a garbage can and used a sump pump to get it into the tire. No special fittings are required. I do own the piece that goes onto the stem and lets air out auto now, but it is not necessary. Just plumb down from the garden hose fittings to tubing that will fit snug over the valve stem. The fittings should be available at almost any hardware store.

I used this same set up, -plumbing, not the pump- and hooked it up directly to a garden hose that was hooked to an outside faucet. If you don't need any anti-freezing ingredient, this works great.

I never even clamped on the vinyl tubing to the tire stem. Did pull it off a few times to let air escape. Perhaps once or twice would have done it. Never actually heard any air escaping, and the house water pressure would probably mostly overcome the "compressed" air.

/ Filling tires for added wieght #32  
I can tell you that I have had nothing but water in my Mahindra 575 tires for over 5 years with the old tractor being parked outside not even a cover for 3 years. I have not had any issues, In fact I have use the adapter like TSC or Top flight to add pressure to a low tire for a tire with a slow leak. It was easier than lugging a air compressor to my property before moving here. I am just about 20 miles from you.

/ Filling tires for added wieght #33  
I can tell you that I have had nothing but water in my Mahindra 575 tires for over 5 years with the old tractor being parked outside not even a cover for 3 years. I have not had any issues, In fact I have use the adapter like TSC or Top flight to add pressure to a low tire for a tire with a slow leak. It was easier than lugging a air compressor to my property before moving here. I am just about 20 miles from you.

20 miles? Give me a holler if you ever need any backhoe work!
hugs, Brandi

/ Filling tires for added wieght #34  
A couple tips:

1. If filling tires whileon the tractor, jack up the tractor to take the weight off the wheel before letting some air out. It will help fill and not be so quick to knock tire off bead.

2. When checking air pressure or adding air to a filled tire, make sure the valve stem is at the top. A little of any fluid will ruin most tire gauges.

I use w/w fluid and no problems here in W. PA down in the singles.