Filter wrench HST filter XR3140H

/ Filter wrench HST filter XR3140H #11  
Many times the original filters are a real bear to get off.
My first filter change on the Branson 8050 was the worst I ever had.
None of my filter wrenches worked, even the chain wrenches won't budge it.
Screwdriver thru, nope just cut a slot when trying to turn it.
I ended up with a long chisel and a hammer, using the chisel on the flange of the filter and hammering it in the direction of rotation,
once it turned about an inch I could spin it off.

/ Filter wrench HST filter XR3140H #12  
You avatar shows tractor with FEL. Just fully dump the FEL, then use the FEL to lift the tractor up. If you are concerned with the FEL falling, rig up a couple of 2x4s or a piece of angle iron to block the cylinders from retracting. This should give you plenty of clearance to work.
As for getting the filter off, I have not found a filter that I couldn't remove with the Harbor Freight filter pliers. If the filter housing is crushing, just move them to the area right next to the tractor where the thick plate is in the filter. It wont crush there.

They also work well for removing the secondary filter housing and bowl on a Kubota tractor, a real PITA.

/ Filter wrench HST filter XR3140H #15  
A safe way to work on your tractor with the FEL up is to fab a 2x2 piece of angle iron and put on the raise cylinder rod with it raised let it down a bit to lock it in, it not that if it falls it could hurt you its going to kill you.
I painted my angle red and hung up in my tractor shed.