Filters on fuel storage tanks

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #21  
Interesting sounds like maybe your supplier doesn’t like you, I wonder why ? My supplier never complains and my tank is only 160 gallons but I believe they only fill on certain days when it’s on their scheduled route which has never caused me any problems.
What he and some people dont understand is the markup on fuel is really low. The price to own/operate a fuel business is really high. If you’re a bargain shopper, many times the supplier will make excuses like “your tank is too small“ just to get rid of you.
They’d rather sell to steady customers who automatically refill, not beat them up on price.
Its called “customer loyalty”.
Yeah, you might pay a few cents more, but in return, they take care of you.
Probably wants top dollar for hay, though.

I have 5 feed hay delivery customers. They pay me well for feed for their horses and in return, I will stop and drop what I’m doing to get them hay in usually the same day. I believe in THAT system of business over the circular firing squad of beating your neighbors businesses up on price for everything.

The ones that want dirt cheap hay? I refer them to the chump down the street making hobby hay for $5/bale.

Last edited:
   / Filters on fuel storage tanks #22  
As you requested photos of my fuel filters.
First filter is 10 micron, second is 2 micron with a golden rod water-block final filter.
90cummins
92BA8745-31AF-4A06-A717-5BCD68B2274F.jpeg
368484A0-0AE0-447D-AECE-DD98454E3FE0.jpeg

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #23  
I don't see any benefit from running two filters in series. I also don't use a water block filter on my diesel tank. These filters are all pretty much a standard thread size so it should fit, but wouldn't hurt to check thread size. Any moisture in the tank should condense and fall to the bottom, since water is heavier than diesel. I use a water absorbing "snake" that drops to the bottom of the tank and pulls back out with a string. I've never noticed this thing to have absorbed any water either, and I've never had any issues with water in my fuel. Maybe I'm just lucky. Who knows?
You know, I've stated that condensation in fuel tanks is WAY overblown. I too have never encountered any water in my fuel tank. I have a separate water filter, and while it might not really be doing anything it's nonetheless there- don't run through so much fuel that I have to be regularly looking to replace filters.

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #24  
If by some chance you received a load of (bad diesel) you will wish you had an overkill filter system like mine. I had an issue with fuel once, don’t know how or why but I said it would never happen again thus overkill!!

90cummins

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #25  
Works for me. I see you have a pressure gauge too. I presume to monitor the pressure drop across the media?

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks
Thanks 90! You have a busy fueling station!

As for bad fuel, I haven’t had any bad fuel delivered at home BUT I did get bad fuel at a Chevron station why traveling. What a pain and expensive to deal with while on the road and pulling equipment. I won’t visit that unnamed Chevron again.