Filters on fuel storage tanks

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #11  
How does a water-blocking filter work? Where does the water it blocks go?
It stays in the filter. I just dump it when it's full, screw it back on.

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #12  
   / Filters on fuel storage tanks
I would change that to a clear housing filter. This way you can see what's going on. Golden rod also makes clear housings with water block cartridge filters.

I am planning to go this direction. Makes a ton of sense.

What a tiny tank. My fuel supplier wouldn't even bother to fill it. he whines about my 500 gallon tank at times when it's not bone dry.

Ha, I know what you mean. I am rural but not that rural. Lots of small farms in the area and 100 gals here and 200 there is fairly common. I feel I get treated good on the price as well and certainly the convenience.

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #15  
I have 275 gallons diesel stored indoors and use 3 filters.
first is a water bloc followed by a 20 micron spin-on then a 2 micron final filter.
Overkill for indoor storage but peace of mind for me'
90cummins

I have 275 gallons diesel stored indoors and use 3 filters.
first is a water bloc followed by a 20 micron spin-on then a 2 micron final filter.
Overkill for indoor storage but peace of mind for me'
90cummins

If you don’t mind, share a photo of the filter setup.
Thanks in advance.

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #17  
I put a filter on my transfer tank, it's not permanently attached to the truck so I take it out with the pallet forks when I don't need it. I have a 12 volt power supply I use to run the pump when it's not in the bed of the truck.

From what I hear a filter is pretty much a must with a steel tank. I put one on that's a particulate filter with a drain. I switched from off-road diesel to just using the highway diesel so I could legally use it in the truck too. Hauling my tractor back and forth to my land in the UP where diesel costs around 50 cents more per gallon saves me $40-50 per trip to bring the gas station with me.

It's not that much of a cost difference because diesel from Costco sometimes cost the same or even less than off-road diesel (except in the winter).

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #18  
What a tiny tank. My fuel supplier wouldn't even bother to fill it. he whines about my 500 gallon tank at times when it's not bone dry.
Interesting sounds like maybe your supplier doesn’t like you, I wonder why ? My supplier never complains and my tank is only 160 gallons but I believe they only fill on certain days when it’s on their scheduled route which has never caused me any problems.

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #19  
Most heating oil tanks are around 250 gallon and the suppliers fill those around me (central NY) no problem.

/ Filters on fuel storage tanks #20  
Interesting sounds like maybe your supplier doesn’t like you, I wonder why ? My supplier never complains and my tank is only 160 gallons but I believe they only fill on certain days when it’s on their scheduled route which has never caused me any problems.
He likes me when he gets paid promptly. Don't much care if he does or don't. I shop on delivered price so I deal with more than one supplier. Same with my propane.