Finally a Funnel that does more than

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #12  
I use mine all the time. It's the mid-size, about $20, bought on-line by the loving wife for my birthday.

It filters out crud just fine. I don't notice any water, but I buy my fuel in 5 gallon increments, so don't have it sitting around very long to have any condensation build up.

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #14  
They have there dealers listed here...........

Mr. Funnel: FAQ

If it works ??...... it sure would be some cheap insurance for water & trash.

I could have used something like that a few times.

I may have to check it out.

Ronald
Ranch Hand Supply

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #15  
I have model F8 which is the 3rd largest, one step down from the largest F15. I use it. It can't hurt.

The reason there is fuel left in the funnel is not because that is the "bad" fuel containing water and debris. The filtration system creates significant resistance and once the fuel gets down to a low level there is not enough pressure head to force the fuel through the filter.

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #16  
Glowplug said:
The filtration system creates significant resistance and once the fuel gets down to a low level there is not enough pressure head to force the fuel through the filter.

That is the whole problem, is the left over. Now you have to get another funnel out to pour the small amount left in the funnel back into your can. I did that for some time and I thought with time pouring that back all the time I would eventually see some evidence of moisture and I never did.

murph

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #17  
I think I posted this once before: I purchased a funnel with a fuel sock from Dennis Kirk. Part # 290011 6 Qt funnel with water repellent filter, 9", $17.99 at the time.

I tested it by adding water to gas and diesel and it worked with both. No residual fuel to have to put back in the can. I was amazed at the amount of rust looking crud it would trap out of my plastic gas and diesel cans.

I have used it for a couple of years and I am very happy with it. Fuel passes through it at a high rate.

Ken

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #18  
Does that sock have to be replaced at times? The funnel itself looks like an ordinary funnel that I already have out in the garage. Can a guy just buy the sock? It says the pre-filter replacements sold separately??, is this the sock?

murph

/ Finally a Funnel that does more than #19  
The sock just slips over the top of the funnel and then rests inside the funnel. I suppose sooner or later it will stretch and not stay in place but mine is a couple of years old and still going strong. I do not expect to have to replace it anytime soon. I just bang it upside down when it is dry to knock off any dirt or give it a quick swipe with a paper towel. there is nothing special about the funnel itself - it is just a large plastic funnel that the sock fits. The funnel spout is quite large so it flows quickly. They sell other sizes as well or at least they did.

Ken