Finally a Home for My Stuff

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #31  
Don't let the enviromentalists see the old polluting Ford. 😁

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #32  
What a beautiful and well built structure. Maybe the nicest I have ever seen.

As noted by others, it wouldn't matter if you built 100' x 100' ft, you'll want and need more room. How about, you make this place your shop, insulate it to work in the winter and build a 42x60 or 60 x 90 pole barn for equipment?

Yeah, I thought the same thing but many barns later I could still use more. This is a disease in which accumulated goods will expand 25% over the space allotted to store it. I think it's one of Newton's Laws. 🤷‍♂️

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #33  
Yeah, I thought the same thing but many barns later I could still use more. This is a disease in which accumulated goods will expand 25% over the space allotted to store it. I think it's one of Newton's Laws. 🤷‍♂️
Fig Newton?

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #34  
Beautiful structure, congrats! Yeah that wall blocking is pretty interesting. Triple blocked on the other wall! And that man-door header sure isn't going anywhere either, triple jack studs on a non-load bearing wall? lol.

Is that an extra upstairs gable wall section? Not a cheap oopsie, eh.

I was gonna ask if you felt comfortable sharing your building costs so far but then I thought better. Such a sturdy structure in CT these days must be quite a lot.

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #35  
I am soooo jealous. I thought I was getting a garage this year, and budgeted $150k for it. Then I lost my job, and the quotes came back 2-3x more than we were expecting. Construction prices are crazy in my area right now, so I guess I will just have to wait a bit longer.

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #36  
Good Morning Andy,
What a beautiful garage/barn ! You will love every minute of using that structure ! I built a 28' by 44 ' about 12 years ago and its pretty well filled ! My Massey 1040, Polaris Ranger, wood shop on one end and of course you have to have a Beer Refrigerator !:)
Looking back, I should of made it a little bigger but thats what I could afford at the time ! I have insulated the entire structure, and that made for a huge difference in the winter, 6" in the walls and 12" in the ceiling !I used trusses and so I have a 10' wide room upstairs that I use for storage and an extra bedroom for company !
You will spend a lot of quality time out there !!

Attachments

• FinishedBarn.jpg
    FinishedBarn.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
   / Finally a Home for My Stuff
Beautiful structure, congrats! Yeah that wall blocking is pretty interesting. Triple blocked on the other wall! And that man-door header sure isn't going anywhere either, triple jack studs on a non-load bearing wall? lol.

Is that an extra upstairs gable wall section? Not a cheap oopsie, eh.

I was gonna ask if you felt comfortable sharing your building costs so far but then I thought better. Such a sturdy structure in CT these days must be quite a lot.
I don't mind sharing costs. It was a Kloter Farms prefab. $158,000 all in

www.kloterfarms.com

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff #39  
gulp. Thank you for sharing. Does that include electrical, insulation, and interior finishing?

Man. Times have changed quickly. I got my 30x36 pole barn (with attic-room trusses) for 17k of materials, 8k of labor, and 4k for the slab - back in 2016. Slowly doing electrical, insulation and interior finishing myself over the last few years (take everyone's advice and finish it all first!!! It sucks to move stuff around so much).

/ Finally a Home for My Stuff
Nope. Just shell

Andy