Finally a massey owner

/ Finally a massey owner #21  
Congrats on your new "best friend." I have a drive that is about 1000', all uphill, and all gravel. When it would rain more that 3" at a time, It would wash ruts in the road. I would shovel base rock into 5 gal buckets. Then load 30 buckets on my canoe trailer to repair the ruts. Took about two weeks to repair the road. I told my wife "I'm getting too old for this." We bought a tractor and a box blade.
The day it was delivered, I decided to repair the road. I did it all, and sat on the tractor for a bit thinking, That looks great. Best the road has ever been. I looked at the hour meter.
It took only 1 hour. Two weeks of hard work down to 1 hr on tractor.
Have a good time and be careful. Best Wishes, Larry
Good comments BUT that long uphill drive will continue to wash ruts into it with heavy rains. If you can't afford/desire to pave it, one of the best solutions I've seen is to get the graveled driveway into your best possible shape and then cover it with a heavy layer of recycled blacktop. Not sure the right name for it but it just looks like black ground up cinders. If ypou roll it down good and solid before heavy rains it will not wash out like the "gravel and dirt" do. AND it does not cost anywhere near like pavement.

/ Finally a massey owner #22  
Congratulations on the new tractor, had mind GC1723 for 2 years now love it!

/ Finally a massey owner #23  
Good comments BUT that long uphill drive will continue to wash ruts into it with heavy rains. If you can't afford/desire to pave it, one of the best solutions I've seen is to get the graveled driveway into your best possible shape and then cover it with a heavy layer of recycled blacktop. Not sure the right name for it but it just looks like black ground up cinders. If ypou roll it down good and solid before heavy rains it will not wash out like the "gravel and dirt" do. AND it does not cost anywhere near like pavement.
Yes, you are absolutely right about that. I now have most crowned and drained except for a few places. I know that some of it will continue to rut. And my fantastic tractor will continue to run. It is now an easy repair. I haven't bought a 22 ton load of rock yet this year. I would LOVE a paved drive. My daughter is in Graduate School and I am paying. That is my pavement for now. Thanks, Larry

Last edited:
   / Finally a massey owner
Yes, you are absolutely right about that. I now have most crowned and drained except for a few places. I know that some of it will continue to rut. And my fantastic tractor will continue to run. It is now an easy repair. I haven't bought a 22 ton load of rock yet this year. I would LOVE a paved drive. My daughter is in Graduate School and I am paying. That is my pavement for now. Thanks, Larry
I feel for you. I know all about paying those college bills as I paid for my son so he wouldn't be saddled with debt immediately. It is not cheap and I worked alot of extra hours to get it done. So best of luck and much respect for taking on that financial responsibility as it is tough.

/ Finally a massey owner #25  
Thanks , just had it built. It's a 40x80x14. And just wanted you to know that your videos helped make this decision plus your comments last year. I was on the fence on what size to get but I decided after watching your videos and others videos that I could do what I needed to with the gc series. And after using it myself, I am glad I stuck with the gc series as it is all I need and so easy to switch out attachments/implements which us what I was looking for too
Oh man that's awesome, I'm really glad I was able to provide helpful input! :)

/ Finally a massey owner #26  
Congrats On yours...
Got mine Saturday 👍

Attachments

• PXL_20210904_154440580.jpg
    PXL_20210904_154440580.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 71