100_1598_copy.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 100_1607_copy.JPG
    100_1607_copy.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 372
   / Finally, a new toy for the 5254! #2  
Congrats Alan,

Can't tell the brand, is that a Rhino?
My 48" rotary is a King Kutter, it's been a great tool.
It looks very similar in design.

Have fun, be careful, they can throw debris a long way!

Curt

/ Finally, a new toy for the 5254! #3  
Very nice.......Kind of gives me the urge to go buy something

/ Finally, a new toy for the 5254!
Curt,

The unit is actually a Rollins. Paid $590, no tax and free delivery from a local tractor supplier. They sell a lot of them, most larger than mine. Never heard of any complaints. Seems to be a very sturdy unit.

When using your unit, is it level to the ground, or is the tractor end lower than the end with the tail wheel?

Mike, the next new toy hopefully will be a dirt or "pond" scoop. Just can't affort the fel at this time.

Thanks, Alan

/ Finally, a new toy for the 5254! #5  
Be carfeul going into that heavy brush. Don't forget about that hydro filter that hangs very low to the ground just asking to be torn off by a branch or a stump. You don't have a lot of ground clearance on that little tractor.

/ Finally, a new toy for the 5254! #6  
wojnaroski said:
Curt,

The unit is actually a Rollins. Paid $590, no tax and free delivery from a local tractor supplier. They sell a lot of them, most larger than mine. Never heard of any complaints. Seems to be a very sturdy unit.

When using your unit, is it level to the ground, or is the tractor end lower than the end with the tail wheel?

Thanks, Alan

I haven't used mine for a year or so but as I recall, the deck is set a bit higher in the rear. That enables it to discharge material a bit easier. I usually start with it raised a bit higher and use the stop on my 3 point control for fine tuning. that's on my Ford. I don't believe the 52 has a stop?

It also is dependant on what I'm cutting, whether it's first time unknown brush or an area I clear occasionaly. I've worked mine pretty hard, it's an awesome tool.

Here's the manuals description of deck leveling;

Note: For best results in heavier cutting conditions adjust the deck so the rear of the
mower is approximately 2" higher than the front. This method requires less horsepower
and ground speeds of approximately 3-5mph. If finer shredding results are desired,
adjust the deck to level or slightly lower in the rear. This method will keep foilage under the
deck longer resulting in finer pieces. The down side of this method is if it takes alot more
horsepower and very slow ground speed. This method is not reccommended unless a
PTO speed of 540 RPM can be maintained.

Curt