Finally able to transport!

/ Finally able to transport!
johndeere_2210 said:
Have you or are you considering adding trailer brakes adjustment to the truck? I know there are different options, but mine is adjustable (adjust the amount of current to the trailer brakes) and you can make the trailer slow down the truck very nicely as opposed to making the truck do everything. It's one thing to pull something, but it's another to stop. Happy Towing.

Yes, it comes with electronic breaks, so I had the Intella-Stop Digital brake controller installed. (See pic)

I've also attached a picture of the 2 5/16 Hidden Hitch in the hidden position and in the ready-to-use position. I think they did a nice job with the install.

To simplify the install, I also had a spray-in liner installed.

I took my neighbors similar trailer out for a test drive last night and it handled just perfectly. The brake controller worked excellent.

I'm picking my trailer up this weekend!

G

Attachments

• now you see it .jpg
    now you see it .jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 128
  • now you dont .jpg
    now you dont .jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 125
  • locking lever .jpg
    locking lever .jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 119
  • brake controller .jpg
    brake controller .jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 114
   / Finally able to transport! #12  
GordNovo said:
Yes, it comes with electronic breaks, so I had the Intella-Stop Digital brake controller installed. (See pic)

I've also attached a picture of the 2 5/16 Hidden Hitch in the hidden position and in the ready-to-use position. I think they did a nice job with the install.

To simplify the install, I also had a spray-in liner installed.

I took my neighbors similar trailer out for a test drive last night and it handled just perfectly. The brake controller worked excellent.

I'm picking my trailer up this weekend!

G

Looks very professional and enjoy the towing. I'm sure you are aware of this, but don't forget the tailgate when unhooking and moving forward, keep those shinny parts straight! I know how simple it is to trash a tailgate!

Be sure to post a picture of the 2305 inside the trailer and how it pulls.

/ Finally able to transport! #13  
Be safe, and remember the HEMI is not your limiter on how much weight you can safely handle. The Hemi will pull way more than your truck can handle, so just use your head! :D

/ Finally able to transport!
Well I'm pleased to report that my trip to Wichita was a success!!

Weather was perfect there and back, the 1/2 ton handled the trailer through the hills on Interstate 29 without much challenge. The electric brakes worked very well in stopping the trailer. The Ram 1500 had a good 4 inches of travel remaining in the shocks. However, this may be a different story once the trailer is loaded with cargo!

People were right about scouting for gas stations on the way back. I averaged 17mpg there and only 8-9mpg on the way back!

Here's a picture of pappa with his new crib....

Pictures of his baby (2305) in the crib will be coming next :)

Attachments

• DSC01907.JPG
    DSC01907.JPG
    562.6 KB · Views: 104