Finally bought another tractor!

/ Finally bought another tractor! #1  

JHurt

Gold Member
Tractor
M Farmall
Finally broke down and bought a tractor. Massey Ferguson 3635, 2009 model with a DL260MSL loader on it. Got it home this afternoon and already widened it 10" by changing the wheels around. It has a button on the joystick for the loader, but I can't figure out what it is. Can anyone chime in if they would happen to know. I didn't get a manual for the tractor or the loader so I'm clueless. it doesn't have third function on it, and when I press it nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to attach a pic along with the post. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
   / Finally bought another tractor! #2  
maybe neutral button for loader work. try it while tractor is moving

/ Finally bought another tractor! #3  
could it be a levelling control feature for the loader operation? - now I need to google it :)

this might help ... from the MF website -

" Joystick – All major tractor functions, including changing direction, changing speeds,
declutching and operating the loader, are handled by the joystick. Working is simple because
the operator doesn’t have to change hand positions to change speed or gears."

sounds good to me :)

/ Finally bought another tractor! #4  
RPM boost for the loader? If you bog the tractor and hit the button do the revs climb?

/ Finally bought another tractor! #5  
How about unless you push it in the joystick won't move......safety switch for times when working on things that you want to ensure no movement.

/ Finally bought another tractor! #6  
I would say that the button is for third function operation... the fact that you don't have third function on the tractor doesn't matter, it'll be there for if/when you decide you want to add third function capability.

/ Finally bought another tractor! #7  
Yes, I too would guess that it is for a third function on your loader. That is where my third function button is. Look for extra hydraulic couplers near the front of your loader to be sure. Congrats on your tractor purchase!

/ Finally bought another tractor! #8  
It looks like a momentary switch for a diverter type 3rd function. When the button is pressed the loader's curl function hydraulic pressure is diverted to the 3rd function.

/ Finally bought another tractor! #9  
If it has the power shuttle transmission it might be a transmission disconnect switch as whis said. My backhoe has such function but the button is missing and I would never want to kill my transmission while using the loader anyway.