Finally finished my brush forks

/ Finally finished my brush forks #11  
Thomas,
Thanks for the compliment.
It's really hard to tell ftom the pictures but the forks are in the same position in both shots. The outer tines are basically just inside the side plate of the bucket.
As far as the straps, the top hooks are hooked on the end of the pin that holds my 2" receiver drawbar hooks in place. The bottom hook attaches to 5/16" eye bolts that are installed in the angle iron cross piece on the back of the forks. I just drilled a hole a few inches from both corners and tightened down the eye bolts with a jam nut. I took a picture to show that, but it had too much glare from the sun.

Let me know if that answers your questions.
Mark

Hi Mark,

No compliment intended, just an objective observation.

You explained it perfectly, and I see what you did there.

Thanks!

Thomas

/ Finally finished my brush forks #13  
good idea, I love the simpicity of that tool. What is the lenght of the longer tube ? How is the spring on tube when you work with?

good job I love this, and continu to be artisanal amateur, I one of those to!

/ Finally finished my brush forks
yoann,
The longer tooth is about 4 feet long, with about 1 foot running under the bucket. So with 3 feet sticking out past the bucket, I have plenty of capacity to lift brush.

I think "spring" means how much bend occurs when lifting? I can hang my weight from the middle tine, and it will bend downwards maybe an inch. The C-channel used for the middle bracing really stiffened it up. I was worried it would flex too much, but I'm glad I didn't use more tubing for the brace, it is already heavy enough as it is.

Let me know if this is clear for you.
Mark