Finally going to take a look at Kioti

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #1  

Iowa Boy

Tractor
John Deere LT180
The nearest Kioti dealers are both about 200 miles away from me, so I have not had the chance to look too closely. This coming Tuesday, work is taking me right near one of the dealers, so I plan on spending some time there looking at the CK20HST and the CK25HST.

I have spent time locally looking at Deere, Massey, NH, and Kubota, but I have heard many good things about the Kioti compacts, so I definitely want to take a look.

Is there anything in particular that I should look for or pay attention to? Also, should I be concerned with Kioti about not having a dealer too close by? I can do all the maintenance myself, and if something should break it will not bother me to be without the tractor for a few weeks. I don't even mind if there is an outside chance that I would have to load it up and take it to the dealer; I just don't want that to be a regular thing.

Any advice you Kioti owners can give me before my visit on Tuesday, May 29th would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #2  
I would say that the only concern is to make sure it has the updated loader. You can tell by the fact that the new one has a tube crossover that goes through both loader arms whereas the older one is a boxed in design with an access panel.

Make sure they include the 50-hr service with transportation. In over 200 hours and 2 years of solid yard work, that is the only time it went back to the dealer. If you can change your own oil and grease your own fittings, you won't need a dealer close by. :D

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #3  
Just note that the CK25 is quite heavy. So, depending on implement configuration, you may need a 5K trailer to haul it. I was (and still am) weary of their HST's. Some have reported being "weak", having lower than expected relief valve settings. Don't know how real this is, but make sure you read the posts about it and test yours thoroughly BEFORE taking delivery. At any rate, that is why I went gear - one unstoppable brute. Do your own 50 hours service in lieu of transporting 200 miles, unless the dealer is going to cover all transportation costs.

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #4  
Updated loader as mentioned above. My HST has been flawless and I've never had to take mine back to the dealer for any repairs. I've been very happy with my decision to buy a Kioti. I've had no loader problems either BTW.

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #5  
I agree with the other guys. Those are both nice tractors just be sure to get the updated loader.

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #6  
My ck30 hst has been rock solid as well.. It will climb hills that give me the pucker factor with a 1100 pound backhoe on it as well , no problem. Take out the tractors and test them well to make sure they perform to your expectations... good luck

/ Finally going to take a look at Kioti #7  
Yup, what they all said. If you're even remotely machanically inclined you can do the 50 hr service your self. Piece 'o cake. Just gotta have big enough oil collection recepticles for all the hydro fluid(I almost had a big mess 'cuz I didn't plan well but a quick catch and another bucket saved the day). Just get 'em to throw in the filters and fluid for the first service and do it yourself. Good luck and happy tractor shopping. BTW my CK30 has been a brute and never let me down.