Finally! Got to tear out the pool.

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #1  

Powereng

Tractor
Kubota L2800, Z122R
Well this was the year. We always said once the liner goes bad we're ripping that sucker out. 30 year old 16'x40' Doughboy pool with surrounding deck. Pool came with the house when we purchased it 8 years ago. The dogs have used it more over the years than we have, so buh bye.

I'm so glad I got my Kubota last year. Made the job so much easier and cheaper then hiring someone to do all the fill work. Took a total off 55 cu/yds of fill to get a area level with the existing yard. 10 yards of sand, 30 yards, sand/clay mix, and 15 yard of top soil. Had to purchased a subsoiler to rip up the hard compacted clay where the deck once stood. My back blade just skipped over the top like is was riding on concrete. I also purchased a EA landscape rake to do the final grading. What a great piece of equipment.

Here are a couple of pics of the project.

The BEAST

Scrap metal pile. I got about $80 for it at the scrap yard.

Quick brought in some sand to fill in some of the hole to make it safer to work around.

Picking up all the landscape stone. That was tons of fun. About 3.5 cu/yds of stone total.

I ended up selling the deck on Craigslist. Guy paid me $200 AND he took it down while the wife and I went to Kentucky for vacation.

Came home from vacation to this.

Got to work with the subsoiler ripping up the clay to get ready for my fill.

Then the dump trucks started arriving.

Used my FEL, rear tiller, and landscape rake to level everthing.

End result. Ready for fertilizer and grass seed.

Overall not a bad spring project. My site superintendent is a little upset, but he'll get over it.

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #2  
Great work, Looks like a good spot for a garden (so, you'll need more implements!) :D

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool.
Thanks Teg. We already have an equal size garden on the other side of the house. This is patch is gonna be strictly grass. More seat time on the Kommander zero turn.:)

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #4  
Very nice work......you won't miss that pool!

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #5  
Great job !! Thats why we buy tractors and more implements !!

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #6  
That turned out really nice. I think that having a pool is like having a boat. It sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to relax, but they are never ending work and that never get used and just take up space. I like the grass idea a lot better!!!

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #7  
Funny I'm doing the same thing. Mine was a round pool and the deck is attached to the house. I sold the old pool for $800, it was only 8 years old. The deck is attached to the house so it stays. Mine was fully above ground but it was on a hill side so one side was dug into the hill about 2 to 3 feet deep. It looks like I'll end up spending about $400 to $600 on dirt brought in.

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool.
My total dirt bill was $925. I'm still about $300 in the hole after selling off all the pool equipment, deck, and scrap metal. Still have few pool items to sell so I hope to break even.

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #9  
If I ever bought another house and it had a pool the asking price would take a big reduction.

/ Finally! Got to tear out the pool. #10  
First house we bought had an above ground pool. Partially dug in on one end to make a "deep" end. Also had a deck. Sold it to a guy who came and removed it and the deck. Had the hole filled and leveled. I think we about broke even on that deal. This was before we bought the 18 acres and tractor or I would have done the filling myself.

I like spending time around and in a pool. I just do not want to maintain it.