Finally sold the horses

/ Finally sold the horses #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I sold my horses last month, They went off to a nice big herd to run with, Good home, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I know it was the best thing for them though.

/ Finally sold the horses #2  
Some ppl say horses are just like boats.. The best day is when you get them and when you sell them LOL

/ Finally sold the horses #3  
I sold my horses last month, They went off to a nice big herd to run with, Good home, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I know it was the best thing for them though.

I feel your pain. Things are tight now and we sold one last month. It was spooky and hard to ride. We figured it costs about $2,000 a year to take care of a horse. Even if you have your own place. We still have three. My wife is the horse person and not me. I do enjoy being around them watching them run though. You will miss them. I sure would. I hope you can get some more soon. They get in your blood.

/ Finally sold the horses
I just cleaned the stables this weekend finally, I haven't been in the barn since they left. They do get into your blood.

/ Finally sold the horses #5  
I just cleaned the stables this weekend finally, I haven't been in the barn since they left. They do get into your blood.

I sold my last horse about two years ago. I keep telling myself that I'm going to buy more someday, but the longer I have been without them, the less I want another.

My dad and two of my brothers have horses that I can borrow any time. They put them on my place occasionally to eat down pasture, etc. That seems to cure any longings I may have. I'm really surprised at how little I've missed them. Keep in mind I rode a horse before I could walk. I rode thousands of miles a year as a teenager. I put myself through college training horses. I'm no stranger to horses, but I'm quite happy now tinkering with engines that don't eat hay when I'm not using them.