Finally the barn.

/ Finally the barn.
small update. I've finally lined up a concrete guy. Should be pouring in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll take photos of the pour. Figure it's going to be about 42 yards. Cha-Ching.

Wedge

/ Finally the barn. #52  
bleazend nice building

Dave

/ Finally the barn. #53  
small update. I've finally lined up a concrete guy. Should be pouring in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll take photos of the pour. Figure it's going to be about 42 yards. Cha-Ching.

Wedge

Cha-Ching is that Chinese concrete ? :D
Been enjoyeing thread " keep-em comeing".
Like others have said "beautiful barn" ! :thumbsup:

Boone

/ Finally the barn.
Two small photos to add. One is the final pex layout. Good thing I got loopCAD for free for a month. Not impressed with the software. Everything I've ever read is that the each circuit in a zone should be within 10% of each other. I would think loopCAD would do this automatically for you. OH NOOOOO. I had to play with my layout for almost half a day till got to this version.

Also included is my final design. On the left side are two 4'x'4 areas that the pad will be thicker. I plan on putting a two post lift there in the future.

Attachments

• final_layout.pdf
    11.7 KB · Views: 177
  • LoopCAD_PexLayout_09_29_12.PDF
    80.6 KB · Views: 169
   / Finally the barn. #55  
wedge fine barn you have there, I just started reading today so you may have already figured this out. Around here, we would first - frame then, plumbing roughin, elec service and in wall elec roughin- both get an inspection. then, insulate,drywall,finish and paint.
After that, plumbing fixtures and elec devices (receptacles and switches ) and lights. Then final inspections for plumbing, electrical and occupancy insp (if considered dwelling or workplace ). Good Luck

/ Finally the barn. #56  
as high up as that thing is off the ground right now....... if you havnt installed electrical outlets yet..nows a good time to do it. I have done alot of shop and barns with the conduit laid directly on the ground and run up the post before the gravel and concrete is laid down. makes for a real nice , clean wall and clean looking finish inside. Beats all the wire and pipe running up the walls

/ Finally the barn.
grsthegreat - I had 200 amp service put in last fall. They trenched out the back side to the meter base about 100' away. Also in the 40'x40' area, I have lights and most of the electircal ran. the vertical parts are in conduit and the horizontal is left open. I have 6 HO 6 lamp fixtures in the 40'x40' area. I will still need a a few 220 volt drops put in. One in the middle for air compressor and two or three over in the woodworking area for tools. I really like the output the HO fixtures I have so far so I'm pretty sure they will be used over in that area as well.
I'm no rush to finish, but I am trying me darndest to get it done right, or at least the way think it should be done. Between now and next fall I'd like to have the indside done with 2" of spray foam for insulation and maybe have the rest of the heating system up and running.

Once things start to change I'll update here with photos. I'm pretty excited about getting cement. 5 truck loads is going to be a lot to pour. The cement contractor said he will have a line pumper there for the pour.

Wedge

/ Finally the barn.
Been a few months. Here is an update.
Finally poured cement last week. 4 truck loads on Wednesday and 1 more for the apron on Thursday.

Attachments

• Pex_Layout_With_pads.jpg
    Pex_Layout_With_pads.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Pex_Layout.jpg
    Pex_Layout.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Pumper_Truck_1.jpg
    Pumper_Truck_1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 1st_Load_Arrives.jpg
    1st_Load_Arrives.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Barn_Pex_2.jpg
    Barn_Pex_2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 226
   / Finally the barn. #59  
Wow, nice looking building. Has to be a good feeling to have the concrete in.

/ Finally the barn. #60  
Been a few months. Here is an update.
Finally poured cement last week. 4 truck loads on Wednesday and 1 more for the apron on Thursday.

Very nice! I am getting in touch with concrete guys now to pour a floor in my 40x60 in May, hope it turns out as nice as yours did.