Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter!

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #1  

Herkypilot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 HDC12, KX040 & L3540 HST
Pics are proof! Took delivery on Friday. Only 2.7 hours now.
IMG_0099.JPGIMG_0102.JPGIMG_0104.JPGIMG_0110.JPGIMG_0114.JPG

Make sure you check behind the dealer on prep!
A few dry zerks on the loader!:eek:
IMG_0106.JPG

Also, watch how it's delivered. I read up on the BH 12' Batwing and it explicitly says don't use a hitch pin with cotter to connect. Guess how mine showed up! Just from delivery, the hitch pin looked pretty beat up already. The cutter is 3,200 lbs. Required to have a 1" grade 5 or 8 bolt with washers, lock washer and nut.

IMG_0105.JPG

Last edited:
   / Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter!
1st impressions - this is a beast compared to the MX5100 I traded in for it. Love the cab and wonder why I did without for so long. These new M60 series tractors are very quiet at speed. PTO speed readout on the digital dash is nice along with the Constant RPM Management Control is great! Almost "set and forget". Let me put to rest any issue with the M7060 and a 12' batwing - no problem at all for anything I was doing. Probably could easily handle a 15'.

I also love the 12' batwing after using a 6' for 5 years. Sure is nice to see that wide cut behind you!

HP

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #3  
Whoa momma!

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #4  
Congrats - VERY nice looking unit. There are times I wish I would have opted for a cab.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #5  
Sweet rig:thumbsup:
You would be fine with a 15'. I had a 315 Woods behind a 60HP and it pulled it fine. You're right about the hitch. The first time I tried to pick up the mower at the hitch, (to repair the jack) I found out how heavy (tongue weight) it was. The smaller tractor would not pick it up!
Enjoy your new machine.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #6  
Wicked rig! How much did that set you back?

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #7  
That is a fine setup. One note is that the loader arms can be put in a "height" position for more lift height than lift strength or in a "strength" position for more lift power. If not familiar, read the loader manual you got. My M7040 is like that and I had no idea.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #8  
Sweet! You'll be praying for spring to get here so things will grow and you can put that bad boy to work.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #9  
Congratulations on your new tractor and cutter. I love my L5740 with 6' cutter, but our M8540 is much quieter and smoother riding. Our CRP land won't allow cuts wider than ten feet, so we went with a Woods DS1260 over a bat-wing, if not for that we would have one. Our renter uses a Woods 15' bat-wing on one of our other farms and it sure is nice.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #10  
By pulling a "farky"locking pin, then pulling the hydraulic cylinder end pin - you can easily move the boom hydraulic cylinder from the "power" position to the "height" position. I found it works best with bucket flat on the ground. I run mine in the power position - nothing I have needs to be lifted that extra height. Its all explained in your loader manual. Just be sure both sides are set the same.

BTW - I checked and enlarged your first picture and can see that the boom hydraulic cylinder is in the "A" position(upper hole). That's for when additional lifting height is needed. The lower hole, "B", is for additional lifting force.

I know my unit wasn't as clean/shinny when delivered new. It had a layer of dust from just coming down my driveway.

That last pic showing your hitch... I've lost more of those darn cotter pins.. and I don't really have brush like most of you guys do. And, of course, the tractor has two or three different sizes and/or types of cotter pins also. I keep a healthy supply in the tool box and hope one of these days I might find some that I've lost.

Last edited: