Buying Advice finding a dozer

/ finding a dozer #11  
We have a grey market dealer here that sells Mitsubishi and Komatsu and a few Japanese D3 Cats. We have owned all 3 brands the D20 and 21 and D 31 Komatsu and also the D 3 Cats. Also we owned a BD2G. The D20 and 21 and BD2g are fine smaller dozers Ive done alot of work with them mostly finishing as they are light. I did put a rake on one of the D20p's and did alot of clean up work. If your doing a lot of grubbing or pretty heavy dirt work you need the weight of the D31 Komatsu or D3. Cat. If your looking for a D3 theres some that dont have a decelerator pedal. Youll either have to hand throttle it back down to ease to the pile or other obstacles. Withe the powershift you can just pull it back to reverse with out deceleration but its extra wear on the transmission.

If your not picky about a a six way blade some D3's come with a straight blade with a tilt and they run about 3 to 6 k less than a sixway blade. IH/Dresser made a great machine to The TD8 and TD9 were very good dozers. My father has spread many hundred thousands of tons of material with the TD 8 and 9. You can also pick up a 450 C JD with a shuttle shift and straight blade with a tilt for about 8000 here.

/ finding a dozer #12  
Hello all,

I am in need of advice! I do a lot of volunteer work at our local boy scout camp, and we are in need of a small dozer (d3 small or similar) I have a person that is willing to buy a machine for us,

however this is a low budget operation.
Andy

You really can't use the word "dozer" and the phrase "low budget" together. :laughing:

Dozers seem to have 2 modes, hard working and insanely expensive.

/ finding a dozer #13  
Hello all,

I am in need of advice! I do a lot of volunteer work at our local boy scout camp, and we are in need of a small dozer (d3 small or similar) I have a person that is willing to buy a machine for us, however this is a low budget operation. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to look for a machine? im constantly checking e-bay and craigslist but was hoping that there are other sites as well. thank you in advance for any help!

Andy

I have my own personal Cat D3B that I have used to clean up farms for resell. I am now finished with the dozer and need to find it a home. I gave $17,000 for it 5 years ago. I will take $14,500 for it today. Can send pics if interested? Ken Sweet

/ finding a dozer #14  
I paid the same for mine... 17k plus CA tax.

Looked long and hard for a good one and it has done everything I've asked...

One problem with a Dozer is finding enough work to keep it busy... once my trails were in... keeping them in perfect shape only takes about a full day each year for grooming.

/ finding a dozer #15  
   / finding a dozer #16  
You really can't use the word "dozer" and the phrase "low budget" together. :laughing:

Dozers seem to have 2 modes, hard working and insanely expensive.

I totally agree with this statement. Seems as though every time I use my old TD-14, I need to fix something that costs more than that task would cost to hire it done. Guess that's why it's spent most of the last 10 years in the barn. Rather than have the scouts, or you, try to maintain and repair a seldom used machine, I would talk to a few local excavation contractors in your area. Around here we have several who gladly offer their time and machines for scout camp improvements or projects for just a tax deductible donation receipt.:thumbsup:...Dan.

/ finding a dozer #17  
I totally agree with this statement. Seems as though every time I use my old TD-14, I need to fix something that costs more than that task would cost to hire it done. Guess that's why it's spent most of the last 10 years in the barn. Rather than have the scouts, or you, try to maintain and repair a seldom used machine, I would talk to a few local excavation contractors in your area. Around here we have several who gladly offer their time and machines for scout camp improvements or projects for just a tax deductible donation receipt.:thumbsup:...Dan.

I second this.

/ finding a dozer #18  
if you need a little dozer work here and there i would recommend you approach some local business men and get some trade going. Anything from tax deductible rent to they do the dozer work and the scout pick up the road in front of his company. Maybe scouts man the grill for his customer appreciation BBQ in summer.

Some where out there is a dozer with someone who learned to be successful as a scout. Trust me

/ finding a dozer #19  
+3

My father has done some charity work for the local camps. Sometimes he is paid for fuel and expenses and sometimes nothing at all. You would actually have an easier time finding a contractor willing to do the work as a charitable donation than you will finding a decent dozer for the camp. Then, the donated money that you have can go towards materials and will be put to better use.