Finding lose bolts on new GC1700!

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700! #1  

Imold

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF GC1705, Cub Cadet RZTL, Husqvarna Rider.
I致e been finding lose bolts my latest was today, all eight of my loader arm pin bolts were only finger tight, I noticed two pins sticking out a bit, surprisingly non fell out when mowing the other day.
3F9E93C0-B336-4675-801E-158272899D6A.jpeg

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700! #2  
Yup, it happens and happens a lot.. Three cyl diesels are rattle traps, checking bolts once in a while is just something you have to get use to otherwise you will be at the hardware store fairly often looking for bolts..

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700! #3  
I致e been finding lose bolts my latest was today, all eight of my loader arm pin bolts were only finger tight, I noticed two pins sticking out a bit, surprisingly non fell out when mowing the other day.
View attachment 619476
Check your loader subframe mounting bolts and your wheel lugs too. Apparently, your dealer didn't do a proper predelivery inspection. I do all these things when we sell a new machine.

Blue Loctite is a good thing to use on the pivot pin bolts and loader frame bolts.

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700!
Check your loader subframe mounting bolts and your wheel lugs too. Apparently, your dealer didn't do a proper predelivery inspection. I do all these things when we sell a new machine.

Blue Loctite is a good thing to use on the pivot pin bolts and loader frame bolts.

Have blue loctite so I will start putting that on some of the bolts and I will check my wheel lugs and loader sub frame bolts.

Jim.

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700! #5  
Have blue loctite so I will start putting that on some of the bolts and I will check my wheel lugs and loader sub frame bolts.

Jim.

Yep, that's the way... trust but verify. Tighten/torque every nut you can find on your tractor and implements. Grease everything with a nipple and, if it moves but doesn't have a dedicated grease nipple (zerk) spray it with a lanolin based lubricant. Check all of the oil/fluid levels too.

Do this at least once a year as part of your maintenance routine. :thumbsup:

Kinda like doing a DOT on a Dry Van or Refer, go over every inch before you put your name on the inspection paper.

Jim.

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700! #7  
Wierd, my GC1720 had the same issues with loader arms & frame mounts when I got it. I first noticed it as the bucket blade edge looked a little high on one side. After checking a bit, I noticed several loose bolts on both sides. I was rather surprised, but luckily after tightening everything up it looked fine. As Wagtail said, I made sure to check as many as I could this spring before heading out.... Good luck!!

Was out today with the 1705 and it definitely made a difference tightening up the FEL bolts, lugs were ok and so were the FEL frame bolts and nuts. Tomorrow morning I am getting 12 yards of class 5 delivered so will see how the SCUT and FEL handle that.

Jim.

/ Finding lose bolts on new GC1700! #9  
$400 for 50 hour service at dealer and what do I find, loose left rear wheel where "mechanic" removed wheel to service HST screen.... GRRRRRRR......... So it is not just dealer prep before delivery.... Service manage did hear about it!!!!

Dale

When I get some time I will be driving to the dealer where I bought mine and talk to the salesman, he took his time with me and treated me pretty decent and answered all my questions so I will just be nice to him. I must say I was kinda impressed with how the 1705 handles class 5 gravel, I only moved about 5 yards out of 12 and the rest will be gravy with the 05.

I have 19.7 hours on it in not quite 4 weeks, almost all mowing.

Jim.