Oil & Fuel Finding oil pressure

/ Finding oil pressure #1  
Tractor
Yanmar 1700B
Just got a 1700B and was wondering how to check the oil pressure. There is no apparent problem. It looks like oil filter has not been change forever. Considering you have to remove a support bracket to get the filter untreaded all the way.

So my first question. How do I check the oill pressure, what location and what type of gage.

Second question, How is the hydralic oil cooled?

YOUR EXPERENCED HELP IS MUCH APRECIATED.

Michael

/ Finding oil pressure #2  
Most just remove the sender that is right beside the oil filter & screw in a fitting for a gauge. It is 1/8"BSP (I think BSP- not the normal 1/8"NPT anyway). The hydraulic oil, rear axle, and transmission share the same oil reservoir and the oil is just allowed to cool in the case. No external cooler needed.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ Finding oil pressure #3  
Most just remove the sender that is right beside the oil filter & screw in a fitting for a gauge. It is 1/8"BSP (I think BSP- not the normal 1/8"NPT anyway). The hydraulic oil, rear axle, and transmission share the same oil reservoir and the oil is just allowed to cool in the case. No external cooler needed.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181
BSP - British Standard Pipe. Goes back to the days when Britain colonized much of Asia. And correct, it will not mate with NPT...or anything else we've ever found.

/ Finding oil pressure
Thanks Aron and by the way I got my oil filters and bi-pass water hose from you today.

Everthing is back together and i have a question.

I feel and hear a lot of blow back through the air intake, I am assuming this might be a sign of the timing being off?

Basicly it runs good but shakes alittle to much from this.

/ Finding oil pressure #5  
Has the engine ever been apart before? If not, a timing problem is unlikely. Maybe the valves just need re-adjusted? Have you ever heard another one of the Yanmar 2 cylinders run? They normally run pretty rough. I think there was an audio clip on here somewhere of one running. It might be running normally.

Aaron
Parts@HoyeTractor.com
(940)592-0181

/ Finding oil pressure #6  
Have you ever heard another one of the Yanmar 2 cylinders run? They normally run pretty rough. I think there was an audio clip on here somewhere
I have two vids with audio online. Click my sig then scroll to the bottom. The first is a 1500 in operation, and then my 240 in a cold start.