Fine Cut or Standard deck?

/ Fine Cut or Standard deck? #11  
Part numbers for the 60" deck or the mulching kit? Either one should be common and could be found by any dealer. It took a while to get the muclhing kit.

/ Fine Cut or Standard deck? #12  
Been very happy with my 54" regular deck.

Don

/ Fine Cut or Standard deck? #13  
Love the standard 60" deck on my 2660! Did not want to have to mess with clogging decks and such. I was afraid I would have that with the fine cut 60" deck.

/ Fine Cut or Standard deck? #14  
I too wanted the fine cut, but the regular deck worked just fine for me. Regular deck is deeper then fine cut.

I could not find my flayer on it but I new that I did see the 54' fine cut top with what looked like the pulley receded.I'm no Kubota expert, but this is the info I found in last years BX sale brochure that I have. "For finer cutting jobs and more beautiful end results, our Fine Cut Deck is exactly what you're looking for. Kubota's baffle structure allows the grass to be cut more finely giving you a closer and more uniform cut. Our Fine Cut Deck also offers excellent performance with our optional mulching kit." The Fine Cut Deck is 5" in depth, and the standard deck depth is less. How much less, I don't know for sure. It look's as though it's a few inches different in the brochure pics. Hopefully, one day I will be a kubota owner???????

Last edited:
   / Fine Cut or Standard deck? #15  
WOW! And all I wanted to do was print a another post but even I find it difficult to find were I stop and another begins!:D:D

Last edited:
   / Fine Cut or Standard deck? #16  
Part numbers for the 60" deck or the mulching kit? Either one should be common and could be found by any dealer. It took a while to get the muclhing kit.

I looked online for the mulching kit for a 60" deck and so far zero (for a BX).

/ Fine Cut or Standard deck? #17  
sw3, I just went to my dealer and ordered mine. I'll see if I still have a reciept with a part number on it, but it may be a day or so before I can look it up.