Finish mower comparisions

/ Finish mower comparisions #1  

yoyo

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25HST
Looking to get a good rear mount finish mower on the CK25HST. What is your thoughts on the Kioti mower versus a woods or something else.

/ Finish mower comparisions #3  
I think the Kioti mowers look really good. I have a Landpride and like it.

To me, the Kioti and Landpride look alike, except for the color. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RedDog

/ Finish mower comparisions #4  
Just my 2 cents worth.

I have sold several different brands and repaired numerous.

Not being prejudice but the woods will probably cost less and perform far longer than most the others in the very long run.

Reason?

Much superior gear box, single belt, spindles like none other (tapered bearings) , and 30 years from now one call and any part is in your hands quick.

All the others use cheeep gearboxes, 2 belt layout ( how do you adjust 2 belts from one tension point) .

The Kioti FM is as good as any of the others and better than most and is inexpensive.

In fact today had a Woods FM from 1981 come. The owner had botched up with wrong blades, bolts, washers, belt, etc. All parts avail. and on the way.

Try that on your Caroni (or any Italian as most are) folded Chinese take out box mower in 2023.

Sound like 3 cents worth.

Bye,
DAve

/ Finish mower comparisions #5  
Dave, Our experience and that of our customers feedback is that a 2 drive belt setup pulling 3 blades will slip less than a 1 belt setup. On a 2 belt system from First Choice, Both belts tighten from the center, equally with no reported problems. BTW, I have a used Woods RM59 that Needs the drive pully replaced, to get it up and going again. Do you have anything used laying around? I have priced new and cant stand the price for a used machine.--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment LLC *New Gates, Corral Panels, Feeders,Head Catch Gates and More*

/ Finish mower comparisions
Thanks Ken, he had a first choice mower he said was the same mower as Kioti ($1100). He said was a single belt drive. I don't know much about mowers, but I don't mind a couple hundred more for a more durable mower. He said about 700 more for a woods.