Mowing Finish mower tires

/ Finish mower tires #11  
Rick -- I have a LandPride FDR2572 and had that problem endlessly. It was really hard to inflate the darned thing when the valve stem is aimed at, and rests against, the hub! I finally got tired of dealing with it and had all four tires tubed and fitted with valve stems that turned 90 degrees so they could be reached with a pump.

I'm generally overjoyed with my LP implements, but the wheels on the finish mower was an example of the WORST sort of non-thinking engineering! If anyone else is in the market for a LP mower, check out the valve stems and demand they be retrofitted before making the purchase. When I complained after the sale LP told me the valve stems were "as designed," even though my dealer was unable to inflate them either.

Pete

/ Finish mower tires #12  
One of my mowers is a Landpride AT2560 with pneumatic tires. First time out, one popped off the rim. It had gotten wedged at the edge of the grass/blacktop in a way that prevented it from rotating normally. I aired it back up, and haven't had any problems since. The deck probably has around 70+ hours on it now.................chim

/ Finish mower tires
I believe 40psi also. I gauge the best I can. I have the same problem Boondox has. The valve stem is turned into the hub. It is ver hard to inflate it much less gauge it. I grease them about every 2 times I mow. So I don't think that is the problem. The tire gets turned sideways in a turn or on uneven ground and breaks the bead.

Thanks
daryl

/ Finish mower tires #14  
I usually wedge a screwdriver or something in behind mine to press them out a little fo filling and checking inflation. Seems to work OK.

/ Finish mower tires #15  
I too have had a mower with solid tires and I won't go back either. The air tires give such a much better ride, the tractor/mower doesn't get banged around near as much when going over rough areas in my lawn. The only drawback to air tires like mentioned before is you want to make sure the air pressure is the same in all 4 so you get an even cut. I haven't had mine come off yet either. Mine swivel very easily on my First Choice mower. Does your mower float side to side as well as up and down. Maybe most of the mower weight is being transferred to one or two tires while turning on uneven ground and rolling the tires off if it isn't floating with the ground. The attachment points on mine allow for floating side to side which keeps the mower weight evenly distributed over all 4 tires. Just a thought.
Nick

/ Finish mower tires #16  
i have a BEFCO rfm with inflated tires, never had one come off the rim, my old mower had solid tires and sometimes if i got into wet areas(mud) the mud would pop th tire off the rim. never happened with these tires. best i can tell u

/ Finish mower tires #17  
forgot to mention, i don't have a problem geeting a gauge on them or inflating them, at least no more than trying to put a gauge on some of the new car tires/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Finish mower tires #18  
I've had my Landpride finish mower for over a year and had been very happy with it. About 2 months ago, I started having the same problem. As each tire has gotten flat, I put a tube in. Yesterday a tubed tire went flat. I brought it to my farm supply store to check out if something was wrong with the tube. I'll pick it up later.

I thought I was the only one having this problem! I am seriously considering putting on solid tires, too.

/ Finish mower tires
I put Slime in mine to make sure they were not leaking air. I have a bottom area along a creek and everytime I mow in that area I break the bead on at least 1 tire. The area has a lot of ruts in it and I am sure this is part of the problem. Maybe on uneven ground the tire cannot turn correctly.

daryl

/ Finish mower tires #20  
Thanks Daryl. After 4 years, two tractors and a couple hundred hours on my Landpride RFM with no tire problems. The tire jinx got me this past weekend. First I trashed a valve stem on one and after putting the new one in had one helluva time getting the lil sucker to reseat. Then the same tire broke the bead again after 20 minutes of cutting and that's when I noticed a small cut in the sidewall, so I had to once again break it down and patch it and go through the cussin all over again to get it seated.