Finished the ceiling on my shop

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #1  

AlbertC

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 3930
Took me about 3 weeks but I finally finished the metal ceiling on my new shop under construction. 16 and 8 ft panels. My wife helped me I put it was still a lot of work
6A0D76B0-0FA6-43BF-AF3E-A7B8A130792C.jpeg

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #2  
Nice! Yep, that looks like a lot of work and sore shoulders for a month but at least you know it's done right.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #3  
Looks nice, I bet you're glad it is done.

I see you made yourself a couple of T stilts. I made one for my ceiling project 40 years ago and agree, it is a lot of work.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #4  
Very nice. White makes for a nice bright shop.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #5  
Top notch well done job. (y)

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #6  
Did sheet metal in the entry way ceiling of our church one weekend...that is a ton of work.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #7  
Looks great. Definitely the way to go for a ceiling. When I did mine (12 foot) I had drywall lift and two sets of bakers scaffold. It went pretty well and I did it all as a one man job but I limited my sections to 12'-6 in length.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #8  
Well done. I recently put up over 17 feet long x 4 feet wide 4 inch thick ( 1/16 inch steel, 4 inch spray hard foam the another 1/16 inch steel) on my ceiling. The drywall lift strained a bit to get them up, sagged on each end so a combo bottle jack on each end took the sag out so the tongue and groove panels would fit together. The bright white steel helps in the room.
I admire your work. Will be a fine building when done.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop #9  
Very nice!!! Did you get a good price on your metal?

I just did a small area in my barn for baby chickens that turned out nice, so we're going to do the same for my garage addition. I'm leaning towards corrugated metal, but prices have been going up faster then I want to deal with.

/ Finished the ceiling on my shop
The metal cost $3.05 per ft for 29 gauge that is 36” wide. I bought it from a local place that buys the metal in large rolls and then form it to whatever length you want.