Buying Advice finishing mower for 29 hp tractor

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #1  

Dariendennis

I am a missionary living in the jungle of Panama and would like to know if any of you have any suggestions about a good hd finishing mower to pull behind a tractor or around 28-29hp.

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #2  
I'd suggest using a 72" mower. If you have a lot of obstacles (trees and such), you might want a 60" mower.
As far as manufacturer, I've had two Befco finishing mowers (first one for about 10 years). Both have required nothing but greasing. The first mower, a 60" unit, did require a belt replacement.
There's one suggestion.

FYI, the only reason I replaced it is when I bought my latest tractor, a larger mower came with it, so my old mower was part of the trade in.

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #3  
I sold Caroni rear discharge mowers for several years. I never had a warranty repair or a customer that didn't love theirs. I used one behind my tractor the same time I sold them, with great results. They were at that time, priced very well also. The only reason I don't use one now , is that I sold enough of them to afford a nice zero turn mower.

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #4  
Woods 72" RFM, Great mower, I have used one for the past two years on my 32 hp tractor.
DevilDog

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #5  
I sold Caroni rear discharge mowers for several years. I never had a warranty repair or a customer that didn't love theirs. I used one behind my tractor the same time I sold them, with great results. They were at that time, priced very well also. The only reason I don't use one now , is that I sold enough of them to afford a nice zero turn mower.

I second the Caroni. I have a 72" rear discharge and 4 years and 4-5 hours a week all its needed was one bolt and grease a few times a year.

I had a King Kutter and it was a waste of money. It was 60" and broke about every 3-4 times I used it. Put up with it for 4 years and dumped it.

Chris

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #6  
I have two Caroni mowers that have been used heavily; very good mowers for the money.

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #7  
Dennis just to make sure we are on the same page as your situation are you doing a campus setting with lawn type grass or trying to control jungle encroachment?

MarkV

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #8  
I am a missionary living in the jungle of Panama and would like to know if any of you have any suggestions about a good hd finishing mower to pull behind a tractor or around 28-29hp.

We sell the 6 ft rear discharge First Choice brand that is good as anybody's Landpride for $1395 Here in Ky. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• firstchoicefinishmower6ft.jpg
    firstchoicefinishmower6ft.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 119
   / finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #9  
I 2nd Ken on the first choice, priced right and cut real nice. Well built finish mower.

/ finishing mower for 29 hp tractor #10  
I have a 29 HP New Holland TC-29 and I have used a Bush Hog brand Finishing Mower for 10 yrs. and only had to change the belt once and sharpen the blades a couple of times . It is a model FTH-600 - it is a 5 foot cut. I reccomend it, the 6 foot model may be too much if you are going to cut higher grass.