Mowing Finishing Mower on 2000 - 2wd

/ Finishing Mower on 2000 - 2wd #1  

jmf7112001

Silver Member
Tractor
Many different models
Is anybody running a 6 foot finishing mower on a 2000 tractor? Let me know if you are experiencing and overheating. I having some problems and can't figure it out. Do you think this is too much mower for a 2000? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Finishing Mower on 2000 - 2wd #2  
What gear are you mowing in and what speed is pto turning. Drop the pto to the 540 rpm if it is not there already. If that does not do it lower wheel gear . Any time an engine is over heating from working it is a sign that you are working in too high of gear. By lowering your travel gear and or pto gear the engine will turn faster work less and generate less heat and move water through the radiater faster there by cooling your engine.
Ralph /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Finishing Mower on 2000 - 2wd #3  
I run a 6' finish mower with a YM1700 with no problems. It sounds like something else is wrong. Clean the exterior fins on the radiator, drain,by removing drain plug and flush with clean water by disconnecting top hose from radiator then stick garden hose in the hose and the radiator, refill with fresh water. If that doesn't fix it have the radiator rodded out at a radiator shop. After problem is fixed refill with 30%coolant 70% water mix.

/ Finishing Mower on 2000 - 2wd #4  
I ran a 6' woods finish mower with a YM 2010 for two summers with no problems - great tractor & great mower.

William