Finishing Mower UGLY Cut

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #11  
Worst case is that the deck is bent. My neighbor just bent his hitting a large rock, and now the cut is awful. From what you describe I doubt this is the case because you said the outer blades look even and only the center is off. However, if you have it on a flat surface it's easy to check and something else to eliminate.

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #12  
I would add that looking at a running mower deck would not prove the blades were able maintain speed under load. A was posted, check all for tightness and the way they sit on the spindle shoulder. Shut it off first.
Jim

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #13  
Check the blade position.Also check the deck belt and idlers. The belt might be slipping.

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #14  
Could easily be a bent blade. Pull them all and lay each on top of the other. If one is bent it will be obvious.

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and suggestions. It took me until this past Friday to be able to fully diagnose my problem. As suggested it was a bent center blade. Now I've got to try and find one. The name on the mower is S&L Manufacturing. Can't find them on-line. Anybody ever heard of them?

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #16  
Take the blades to a mower shop, match them up, or let them order you some. Take all the data off the mower data plate too.

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #17  
Yep, just measure them. Length, center hole diameter, and amount of offset if they aren't just straight blades

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut
Okay I'll try that. They look like pretty basic straight blades with a round center hole. I looked in Tractor Supply today but they didn't have any that long. Where is a good place to try to find some blades?

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #19  
I just repaired a deck that had one blade mowing too low. The spindle housing was cracked, letting the blade drop. Probably not your problem but it does let the deck still operate and really messes up the cut.

/ Finishing Mower UGLY Cut #20  
Okay I'll try that. They look like pretty basic straight blades with a round center hole. I looked in Tractor Supply today but they didn't have any that long. Where is a good place to try to find some blades?

Independent mower shop. Sears, Walmart, phonebook?