Finishing Mower

/ Finishing Mower #11  
Hello BrettW--The First Choice (BuySmart) distribution company still uses the Sicma factory for that line of machines--dozens of other mfgrs for other products. --Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co.

/ Finishing Mower #12  
Hello Buzst--From the post, it sounded like he was too far back and needed more ballast for the front to offset when lifting for transport?? I agree with you. When the machine in the "Work" position, distance from the tractor should not matter--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co.

/ Finishing Mower
I have been away for a few days and could not check the posts. The FC mower uses the same adjustable clevis hitch design as does the LP. I have my mower adjusted as close to the tractor as possible and it is still heavy to pick it up. As for price, I paid $100 more for the LP than the best deal on a FC. I'll pay 9% more for something made in the USA any day over a foreign product.

/ Finishing Mower #15  
Blades-
FC Azzi. Italian
LP -Azzi & Fisher Barton(US)
Gearbox
FC-Eurocardan
LP-Eurocardan & Chinese
PTO
FC- Eurocardan
LP- Eurocardan & Walterscheid
Wheels
FC-Italy & Asian
LP-Asian & US solid rubber tires
Hitch Pins
FC-Italian & India
LP-Indian & China
Bearings
FC-European
LP-Chinese & European

Guys we live in a world market much of what's MFG out there has many of the same parts. The FC and LP 25 series are very close to being the same mower. THE PATRIOT by LP is a mower priced in the range of the FC but 100 Lbs lighter in the 60" and a lower HP gear box. LP makes quality products but it's up to the customer to decide the best value.

/ Finishing Mower #16  
Hi Mark--By the way, Just out of curosity? How many Equipment dealers and how many states did you cover when you were doing TM or Manufacturers Rep type work?--Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment Co.

/ Finishing Mower
Check the specs FC 5' mower weighs 404#. LP weight of 5' 497#. Another minute difference is that the FC cutting width is 59" whereas the LP cuts a full 60". LP also has another 3/4 inch of blade overlap.

/ Finishing Mower #18  
As CCI stated "LP makes quality products but it's up to the customer to decide the best value."

If you feel good about your purchase and product that is all that matters.

/ Finishing Mower #19  
Luoisz,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I paid $100 more for the LP than the best deal on a FC. I'll pay 9% more for ........ )</font>

I bought mine direct from First Choice so your best price was far more than what I paid for mine. Again I'm thrilled with my RFM and couldn't possibly see needing anything more than what I've got - and I would recommend the brand to anyone who asks, but I don't feel the need to measure mine against what anyone else has purchased. All I can say is that I looked very hard at all options that were available to me and thought I got the best product I could for the money I was willing to spend. It's similar to asking someone out here who makes the best tractor.