Fire Extinguisher - BX-25

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #1  

Tachdriver

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx25
In the midst of another project I performed a "mini" project - Fire Extinguisher. Using the Road warning sign attachment point as the focus for the extinguisher bracket, I made up this quick attach/detach point. The bracket is a snug angled downward fit. Should not vibrate out when in service. The extinguisher is a Lowes $18 ABC type unit. Perfect for this use.

To put on the road sign is a 5 second changeout

Later

DSC07209.jpg

DSC07210.jpg

DSC07220.jpg

DSC07211.jpg

DSC07221.jpg

:thumbsup:

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25
Oh, Bracket took 30 minutes to make and longer for the paint to dry :laughing:

later

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #3  
That is a good idea. I never thought of that. Better safe than sorry. On my 66 acres, I can be quite sways from the house sometimes and if something caught fire...it would be nothing but a charred heap before I could even get to the house. And then, I don't even know how I'd get water back to the tractor...without the tractor. I'll be retro fitting an extinguisher to my tractor as soon as I get my new one in about a month.

The bracket is made from 3/16" steel x 1.5" wide I believe. Look at the sign holder, it is not straight going in but angled in. Grind your bracket back to the shape of a slight arrow enough that engaging it into the sign bracket it holds tight.

Later

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #5  
That's not a bad idea. I have seen several brush fires started when a neighbor's brush hog hit a rock in really dry weeds. Problem was, it usually starts out really small and can't be seen at first, even if you're looking back. By the time you swing back, it has started to spread. I saw my next door neighbor hit a rock once and there was no sign of fire for about 30 seconds. Within another 10 seconds, there was a spreading arc of fire a good 15 feet wide. It was in a patch of weeds fairly close to his house. I sprinted to his garden hose while yelling. He couldn't hear me and as he turned the corner he saw me waving. By the time he raced the tractor back to the house, I had the hose on it. The extinguisher is a great idea, and probably has enough chemicals to control a fire on the tractor itself. Dog gone brush fires can take off so fast that using a little extinguisher is likely hopeless though.

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #6  
Very nice! I like it! :thumbsup: I may end up mounting one to my carryall at some point...

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #7  
This is making me want to add an extinguisher to mine, but I can't see the molded plastic bracket supplied by the extinguisher mfg'er holding up to use in the field. Steel is real.

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #8  
You might want to mount on inside of rops to keep from snagging branch pulling ex off and breaking gauge. Ask me how I know.

PR

/ Fire Extinguisher - BX-25 #9  
You might want to mount on inside of rops to keep from snagging branch pulling ex off and breaking gauge. Ask me how I know.

PR

I agree- I mounted mine on the inside as well.

One of these can put out a lot of fire in the hands of a skilled trained fireman. We train every years on pan fires with a 30# Ansul extinguisher and you are required to put it out. The fire is hydrocarbon and fairly big. Full dress and ansul and fire. This little unit will work good for my needs.

Later