Fire Extinguishers ?????

/ Fire Extinguishers ????? #42  
I don't know if forever... guess it is more like a tire.

Mine have gone years and held...

/ Fire Extinguishers ????? #43  
   / Fire Extinguishers ????? #45  
Mine has held for over 28 yr. Amazing

/ Fire Extinguishers ????? #46  
Mine has held for over 28 yr. Amazing

the problem is your unit might not work at all if the contents have solidified. You may shake up your extinguisher but most of us
don't...

I look at some of those gauges in the green and wonder if they are fooling me...
It's sad when even a nice Amerex or similar extinguisher is heaved because it's cheaper to buy a new one than run around and get the old one filled, potentially due to age of the bottle. Or as they call them, pressure vessels.
Biggest problem I've had is spiders crawling in the nozzle and setting up home.

remember, if you use it at all, even a little, you have to get it refilled.

/ Fire Extinguishers ????? #47  
You are thinking of powder fire extinguisher. Those are some of the advantages of a water fire extinguisher - nothing to solidify (except it can freeze which is a negative) and you can recharge it yourself.

Ken

/ Fire Extinguishers ????? #48  
You are thinking of powder fire extinguisher. Those are some of the advantages of a water fire extinguisher - nothing to solidify (except it can freeze which is a negative) and you can recharge it yourself.

Ken

yes, sorry, I misread that, thought referred to ABC

/ Fire Extinguishers ????? #49  
the problem is your unit might not work at all if the contents have solidified. You may shake up your extinguisher but most of us don't... I look at some of those gauges in the green and wonder if they are fooling me... It's sad when even a nice Amerex or similar extinguisher is heaved because it's cheaper to buy a new one than run around and get the old one filled, potentially due to age of the bottle. Or as they call them, pressure vessels. Biggest problem I've had is spiders crawling in the nozzle and setting up home. remember, if you use it at all, even a little, you have to get it refilled.
It still might not work though. I recently discharged one of my water fire extinguishers, and the gauge remained on green. It was still charged which is all that matters, but the gauge was stuck. I've discharged it a couple of times since then and the gauge started working again.