Loader Fire wood season / a lot easier this year

/ Fire wood season / a lot easier this year
Just makes you want to bang your head against the wall sometimes when you try to teach kids the reasons and benefits of growing a garden,heating with firewood, repairing your own vehicle....
5 full cords is alot of work.
No reason kids can't help out and be a part of the Team
Too many electronics in their hands today.
My inlaws have propane and it is quite expensive. thus my wife grew up enjoying wood heat.
We have natural gas but the family really enjoys having the house in the mid to high 80's during the winter.
I remind the kids that some of the money we save heating with wood goes twards other things they enjoy or want.
Plus i try to remain patient when i ask for help splitting, stacking, filling the wood box...
Sometimes they just want to finish their game before they will do the work
Frustration is Gods reminder to promote peace and discuss the situation later.
I enjoy the time spent in the woods gathering the wood. Last year there was a Bald Eagle hunting in the area every weekend i was out.
Good luck with the kids this year.

/ Fire wood season / a lot easier this year #12  
After splitting logs by hand with a maul, sledge hammer, and wedges for 11 years, I finally bought a gas-powered log splitter two months ago. I spent months shopping for a splitter, and I picked the Ariens 27-ton model. That was a good decision! Now I can keep up with whatever falls on the ground and have more time to do other chores.

I split the logs, put them into the bucket on my JD 5225 tractor, and drive right up to the wood pile for stacking.

/ Fire wood season / a lot easier this year
Very nice!
Work smarter not harder.