Fire Wood Storage Shed

/ Fire Wood Storage Shed #2  
I am looking to build a fire wood storage shed. Does anyone have any ideas or plans maybee even some pictures of your fire wood shed ?

Not very helpful, but this is what i'm hoping to build later this year (before the snow starts to fly).

S9tH5.png

Should be able to put about 5 cords under roof. Little shed will be for saw stuff, tools and quad. Probably put the whole thing on a pad, and add a pistol range out behind it... :)

/ Fire Wood Storage Shed #3  
Several years ago I built a classic pole shed with gable roof. Used sawmill lumber on everything except poles (6X6 treated). Shed is 14X28. Open on one side, 1X6 vertical on other three sides - with space between boards to let air circulate. Stacking 6' high, I can, in theory, store 19.68 cords. My outdoor wood fired boiler sticks out of one end so that the loading door is under cover. In reality, I probably stack closer to 12 cords at a time. It works great for our purposes.
Mike

/ Fire Wood Storage Shed #5  
I stack most of mine along the back side of a metal carport out back, on pallets, covered with plastic tarps through the Fall & Winter. I usually have my wood cut by the first of the year to use the next Winter. Stack it (unsplit) at the farm until I have room at home. ~~ grnspot110

/ Fire Wood Storage Shed #8  
How big are you looking for? I built a 8x12 that holds 3 cord of wood although I don't put that much in it. It's dark out so I couldn't get pictures of the back but the top 2 feet are also open to allow air flow.

Attachments

• S7300163.JPG
    S7300163.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 1,015
   / Fire Wood Storage Shed #9  
If the unit is just for wood storage, plenty of ventilation. Air movement is good thing. hearth.com is a great site

/ Fire Wood Storage Shed #10  
I will have some pics of what I'm doing soon. I'm stacking my wood on pallets and then putting a few at a time inside my garage, when i need the wood. The wood will stay outside uncovered until needed. Sometime in early Nov i will move enough in for most of the winter.