Firefox - quick reaction

/ Firefox - quick reaction #51  
I'm not sure /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. How do I go about checking/doing this? G

/ Firefox - quick reaction #52  
In Firefox;

Tools
Options
General

Fourth option.

/ Firefox - quick reaction #53  
<font color="blue"> n Firefox;

Tools
Options
General

Fourth option. </font>

My fourth optin is Download Manager History

I do have FireFox as my default, when the box popped up asking if I wanted it to be, I clicked yes.

/ Firefox - quick reaction #54  
Who is your ISP? Some ISPs (Juno, NetZero, PeoplePC) use a customer dialing and authenticating program. I have found that most of these are hard wired to launch IE after they complete the log-in process.

I don't know of a way around these, other than to attempt to configure a standard Windows dial-up device.

Dave

/ Firefox - quick reaction #55  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I boot up, IE always starts and goes to home my page. Can this be disabled? I, too, prefer Firefox. G )</font>

If you have nothing in your start up group then you may have a virus or someone is using your computer?? I had one at work that would start up IE all the time and we found out there was a virus on that computer and it was sending out emails from someone on my behalf /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Norton Corporate Edition did not find it. So you many want to dig a bit deeper.

murph

/ Firefox - quick reaction #56  
I've been using Firefox since mid-December, about the time Don started this thread. A few days after installing I ran "Ad-aware SE and as usual it found about thirty files that I deleted. These apparently were left-overs from my IE days. I ran Ad-Aware this afternoon with NO problems found. That's a pleasant addition to the fact that Firefox has stopped my pop-ups that used to bother me on some other sites. I only have good things to say for it so far! Thanks for the recommendations.