Firewood Saw Attachment - England

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #11  
Wow they still make it, Funny now that I am older I understand it is really the safest way to cut cord wood. Well it will be some time before that is on the list. after my grapple and Bush cutter the wife has put me on notice for tractor stuff

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England
Follow up. I'm going to look at 2 Cordwood Saws (buzz saw) this week that a guy has for sale in Eastern PA. Both have a pto gear box driving a flat belt to the 3pt hitch mounted saw. Gear boxes are for Ford, but I'll modify one to fit my IH 454. If the saws don't have the blade guards such as the new ones, I'll fabricate and install. I've got a lot of wood to cut, and chain saw is too slow.

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #13  
Given how hard that guy was pushing, I hope he doesn't ever slip, otherwise he will have a nice gash in his forehead. The whole concept seems nutty.

When I buy wood it comes in 100" sticks, so you need a chain saw to get the wood into bite sized pieces, why wouldn't you just use your chain saw to finish the job. I guess the guy has a lot of time on his hands and wants to make sure that he looses his hearing.:confused:

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England
smfcpacfp said:
Given how hard that guy was pushing, I hope he doesn't ever slip, otherwise he will have a nice gash in his forehead. The whole concept seems nutty.

When I buy wood it comes in 100" sticks, so you need a chain saw to get the wood into bite sized pieces, why wouldn't you just use your chain saw to finish the job. I guess the guy has a lot of time on his hands and wants to make sure that he looses his hearing.:confused:

As I mentioned, I have a lot of wood to cut. Stuff that is in 3-6' lengths, and small enough diameter to be handled, can be cut faster on a cordwood saw than a chain saw. Longer and heavier stuff gets done with a chain saw.

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #15  
Back in the 70's, a fellow electrician [Glen Kip] was cutting firewood with a tractor mounted rotary saw. Somehow the wood kicked back and smashed bones in his face. He ended up contracting facial cancer and died. So be very very carefull..... Me, I'll stick with a chainsaw.

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #16  
I agree Pennsylvania Welder. As for being to hoist a huge long log it is not worth the effort.
Might as well continue with the chain saw. but when I cut, Ill cut the 'smaller' stuff to about 6 ish fee and stack it to later buck to shorter pieces. Its much safer than holding it of having to move it on a sawbuck.
Ive cut larger pieces but its not as much a worksaver.
At least with these saws I will cut stuff so amall people would be burning it for brush.

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #17  
and if you live in texas you might want to check this one out

BUZZ SAW

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #18  
Looks lik it has been switched out to a smaller blade on it also.

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #19  
most of those can be bought around here for about 50-150.....

grandpa has 3 of them "just in case" things ever get tight.....hmmm:eek:

he says when he used to use one that he never gave it much thought but that he'd be scared to death to run one now......

his dad was using an insert tooth sawmill one time and my grandpa said he noticed his cheek bleeding.....a tooth had come out of the blade and just grazed great grandpa.......a direct hit would have probably killed him...

/ Firewood Saw Attachment - England #20  
The fellow in England needs a sharpening job on his blade!:confused: :confused:

I was gonna say... What a file and 20 minutes would do for that guy (and the saw blade)!

Kind of interesting to see someone trying so hard to cut and LEANING his body weight right toward the blade! :eek:

Don't slip!