First Big Project

/ First Big Project
Here is the top, I left it open in case the flow excedes my pipe, I don't want the township mad at me for flooding the road.

Attachments

• 33-135953-Top.jpg
    33-135953-Top.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 86
   / First Big Project
Here is a pic of our house. It is a 120 year old 2 story frame house. I still have quite a bit of work to do on it.

Attachments

• 33-135955-House.jpg
    33-135955-House.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 100
   / First Big Project
And finally, the pond out back I plan on filling in.

Attachments

• 33-135957-Pond.jpg
    33-135957-Pond.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 79
   / First Big Project #14  
Wow, that is one bad pond. I see what you mean about the previous owners doing a bad job.

I have something similar on my land. There is an old farm house under renovation that owned a large amount of acreage. They used to have a natural spring that they used and on my parcel is the old ceramic cystern and the mucky pond it was fed by. It actually looks worse than yours. I have to get the excavators to remove it for me when they clear my land in a few weeks.

/ First Big Project
Actually, the previous tenants rented the place. It was owned by a company that bought up a lot of land in the area in the late seventies. They expected the area to boom when they started mining the coal out of the area. With the long wall mining, there was no boom, so the company is selling of all the property at a loss, so they don't have to pay taxes on it any more. There have been a string of tenants in the place, it was pretty sad looking when we bought it. It is slowly commong along, as time and money permits. The pond up on the hill doesn't look much better, but I'll probably fix it for watering livestock. Probably be a couple of years as I have a lot of other things I want to get finished first.