First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #131  
I thought I posted the cost. It was 1053.00. Mechanic didn’t say anything to me. The rep is the one who denied my request for warranty coverage. I have the bad parts from the brakes, will post pictures in the next couple of days.

Haven’t been on forum been kind of busy with family during Xmas.

Indeed, the Kubota warranty system does leave coverage/denial up to the Kubota service representative, regardless of circumstances.

When a customer contacts the Kubota Customer Satisfaction Department at the Kubota headquarters due to the denial of a warranty claim, the CSD contacts the Kubota service rep and, probably, the service manager at the dealership where the work was done. If the service rep has not changed his mind, the denial stands. Kind of like an appellate court asking the trial court judge if he/she has changed his/her mind.

Contacting someone technically competent at Kubota with authority to review, let alone overturn, the decision of the Kubota service rep is (no doubt, intentionally) difficult if not impossible.

Working through this process now. I MAY provide more information after the process is complete but WILL NOT do so beforehand.

SDT

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #132  
So they did not explain to you what happened 628? Something break? Something stick?

Anyway you look at it, I see nothing that Kubota, the rep or the dealer did wrong here in denying warranty.

Now if the machine was taken out of service and brought in for repair when it was first noticed and they denied to cover it, then yes I can see there being an issue.

But since it stayed in operation with a know issue, no warranty.

Not blaming you but I can't see what Kubota and the rep did wrong here.

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #133  
So they did not explain to you what happened 628? Something break? Something stick?
Anyway you look at it, I see nothing that Kubota, the rep or the dealer did wrong here in denying warranty.
Now if the machine was taken out of service and brought in for repair when it was first noticed and they denied to cover it, then yes I can see there being an issue.
But since it stayed in operation with a know issue, no warranty.
Not blaming you but I can't see what Kubota and the rep did wrong here.

That's exactly what I said, the blame alas, must be laid at the dealer's doorstep. Not saying that the dealer did this intentionally, but because he was busy he gave advice to the OP, advice which the OP took and they mutually postponed the diagnosis to a latter date. If anything Kubota might have considered it as a "Good Will" gesture and the dealer would have to go to Kubota and say, get me out of this jam, maybe Kubota could have provided the part and the dealer the labour, but Kubota was not obliged to do anything. In fact I'm surprised that the dealer did not advocate better the case. I do feel sorry for the OP who really seems to be a very decent person, but here there is only one culprit and it's not Kubota, nor the OP.

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #134  
Been following along here but don't recall if KTAC was discussed. I don't think it was in play here but if OP had KTAC, would this issue been covered?

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #135  
Been following along here but don't recall if KTAC was discussed. I don't think it was in play here but if OP had KTAC, would this issue been covered?

I don't think so NO warranty will cover operator error!

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #136  
I don't think so NO warranty will cover operator error!
KTAC is not warranty. It is insurance. Insurance does cover operator error.

With KTAC, operator simply has to say he must have run over something that caused the brake rod to jamb.
Which is possibly what happened.

All damage would have been repaired for $250.

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #137  
KTAC is not warranty. It is insurance. Insurance does cover operator error.
With KTAC, operator simply has to say he must have run over something that caused the brake rod to jamb.
Which is possibly what happened.
All damage would have been repaired for $250.

Good to know!

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #138  
I was looking at an L3301 but became gun shy after the problems with regen in cold weather. In another thread it was stated that Kubota would not cover the regen issues under warranty as they were operator error. I consider Kubota a premium product at a premium price and do not like the direction they are going in their relations with customers. Bill C

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #139  
I was looking at an L3301 but became gun shy after the problems with regen in cold weather. In another thread it was stated that Kubota would not cover the regen issues under warranty as they were operator error. I consider Kubota a premium product at a premium price and do not like the direction they are going in their relations with customers. Bill C

I’ve never heard of regen issues with that model or the L3901. The B3350 had lots of problems, but it’s an entirely different system.

/ First experience with Kubota Warranties in 25 years, first bad experience with Kubota #140  
I hate to tell you all, but they are all the same. Try having warranty denied on $240,000 class 8 trucks.

The problem isn't Kubota, it's all the fraudulent claims they have to deal with. Just think of how many problems are operator induced that get slipped through the cracks and they have to pay for.
Kinda like why you pay so much for insurance. Somebody gets a lemon vehicle....well we'll just burn that and get a new one. Gee why is my insurance so high?