First post...ordered new CT235

/ First post...ordered new CT235
I really like the tractor. I took the snowblower off of it now and am picking up my new 60" tiller this when it gets in this week. :cool: I think the only things that don't completely thrill me about this tractor are the foot pedal and the remote hydraulic control lever. I wish the foot pedal was two pedals, one for forward, one for reverse instead of a heel/toe pedal. The remote hydraulic lever is kind of tough to get a hold of when I'm bundled up in my winter gear and out blowing snow. I'm a big guy though, so you add some coveralls and gloves and I'm not exactly limber as a cat. :D The tractor starts VERY well in the cold. I forgot to order the block heater on mine so I have it, but it's in the box and I need to install it yet. But even when it was below zero and not plugged in the tractor starts right up and warms up pretty quickly. I find that a little weight on the back is really helpful. With the snowblower mounted it gets noticeably better traction than without it. A weight box or fluid in the rear tires would be worth considering. The front headlights are blocked by the loader so I will be putting on auxiliary front worklights. That's not a pro or con, it's just how things are with a loader on a tractor.
To be quite honest with you the research that I did before buying was mostly related to loader capacity, tractor weight, parts availability, and ease of use. I also didn't have much to compare to because none of the dealers around me would give me a price or let me test drive the equipment. :confused: I found a dealer that has real customer service and works with me real well and I think that was my #1 decision maker.
Before this I had never heard of Kioti either, but now that I've followed the company some I believe that we will see them start to get to be known for quality, compact tractors just when a person hears the name Kioti. I think they will be equivalent to Kubota in the near future.
Remember when you order to look at the build sheet options really closely. After rebates and package discounts I got the deluxe package which is pretty much all options for barely more than a few options ordered individually. Take the time to have your dealer run a few different scenarios on options to see what the price differences are. IF you think you will ever have a belly mower order the mid mount PTO right away. The suspension seat is a really nice option and one to look carefully for. Remote hydraulics, engine block heater, and rear work light are options too. You can get either one or two remote hydraulics when you order so consider if you need these. An auxiliary remote hydraulic on the loader for a grapple fork is something that I am definitely going to do this summer. I don't know if you can order that or not, or if you would want that. Just something to consider.
Keep us posted on how your decision goes. Have fun.

-Justin

/ First post...ordered new CT235 #22  
If Bobcat does not have an auxiliary valve, there are third party vendors such as W R Long, among a number of others, who do. You can see their website here: Valve Kits. A number of members have instaaled it themselves, or built thier own from commercially available parts. There are a number of threads on this subject in the Hydraulics forum, including detailed how-tos.