First Time Buyer Looking for Help

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help
One more question. Would I be better off just getting the best deal I can on the TML and buy the rest of the implements used or when I see a good deal? I am being quoted $1800 for a tiller, and saw the same thing for 1/2 the price at a place called Northern Tool. Is this place like the Harbor Freight of tractor implements? Thanks again.

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #12  
sanzania said:
One more question. Would I be better off just getting the best deal I can on the TML and buy the rest of the implements used or when I see a good deal? I am being quoted $1800 for a tiller, and saw the same thing for 1/2 the price at a place called Northern Tool. Is this place like the Harbor Freight of tractor implements? Thanks again.

Northern Tool is OK. I've bought hand tools and such from them and, yes, they are a lot like Harbor Freight (except I've never seen tractor implements at Harbor Freight. There's a Harbor Freight in York, PA now so if I want tools, I go there.
I'm pretty sure most of Northern Tool's tractors and implements are Chinese manufactured...the store brands, such as Farm Star. They (per the web site, also sell King Kutter, Howse and other brands.
You might want to check out a local Tractor Supply for King Kutter and Howse as well. The local store price might not be higher, once you factor in shipping costs. The cost of a Category 0 42" 3PH tiller is $1349 on the Northern topol web site.
Or, consider renting a tiller. You've a 30 by 60 plot. That's less then a day's work, I should think.

Do you know which implements you'll need? The mower will be purchased with the tractor, as will the loader. What else (besides the tiller) do you want?

Personally, I'm fine with used. Almost everything I buy (other then electronic gear) was purchased used. My mower and back blade were used. If I could have found a used 60" cutter locally, I'd of probably got it. I will admit, I bought the cutter more on impulse...should have searched around more.
However, I reckon you may have trouble finding used Category 0 (I'm assuming you'll buy a subCUT) implements locally. If you've a pick up or trailer to get the implement, you can save some money on them.

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #13  
Like Roy said, you can find a lot of good deals on used stuff. However, I would not consider any Cat0 implements. A subcut should not have a problem excepting most if not all regular Cat1 implements. Cat0 are made for garden tractors with add on hitches.

I have a BX1500 (the smallest subcut) and I have a full Cat1 rear blade, and rake. I did buy a King Kutter XB box blade becasue I like the additional lift height. The only difference between this box blade and the regular King Kutter is that the sidewalls of the box are 12" as apposed to 16" tall. Besides that, there are the same contruction (I looked closely).

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #14  
I would say that IMO I will not rent unless I truly only need it one time and one day.

Resale value on tractors is by far better than cars and you can choose to do it when you want. for example you come home from work and it is a really nice day and you say to yourself "self I want to do some more work on the yard" and then you look at your tractor and a nice grin comes across your face and then the rest is history!!:D

A fel will be really handy ALL THE TIME. you will also find many more uses for all of your equipment as you go on and read here. TBNers are very good at helping you get "seat time:D "

I do not mind used at all. If the shape and price is good and all that jazz then look hard at what ever it is.

My wife is on my side when it comes to getting what you paid for. It is much better to get very good stuff vs. cheep and fixing all the time. That will cost you more than good stuff in the end.

Also if you get a good deal on new and can get 0% that will be "in the bag" as far as deals. especially if you pay it off before it comes due!!

Sell the "other" tractor unless you have VERY tight spaces to mow or get a push mower for the little ares. But after you get a real tractor you will most likely try to find ways to use it instead of the other one.:D

Just make sure you drive them and find the one that best suits your needs.;)
Shane

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help
OK guys. I am really leaning on the NH TZ22DA. The financing deal can't be beat right now. I've been given a "rock bottom" price of $14050 for tractor w/ sensitrack, loader, and 60"mmm. Does this sound about right? The NH dealer is right down the street, I mean less than 5 miles. Taking off the loader and mowing deck was just as easy as on the Kubotas I looked at. What do you think?

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #16  
sanzania said:
OK guys. I am really leaning on the NH TZ22DA. The financing deal can't be beat right now. I've been given a "rock bottom" price of $14050 for tractor w/ sensitrack, loader, and 60"mmm. Does this sound about right? The NH dealer is right down the street, I mean less than 5 miles. Taking off the loader and mowing deck was just as easy as on the Kubotas I looked at. What do you think?

You've made your decision...just go with it.

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #17  
If you like the dealer then go for it!!:D

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #18  
I thought that you were going to look at the BX's, NH's, and MF'ers. What were your impressions of each and initial thoughts. On a side note, if you like the financing and the fit and feel of the Nh go with it, you will only second guess yourself later. And by the way, we (TBN) will do all of the second guessing for you, that's if you want us to or not.

Yes, of course add some other prices in there too.

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #19  
You oughta scroll on down to the powertrac section,I've been thinking about them,,,might not be for my property,,but maybe for yours,,,they come in different sizes,,,the mid size one a 425 is only listed as 10,000,,made in Va.,,,,since you have no 3 point attachments,,you don't have anthing to loose,they sell about every attachment going for them,,loaders,blades,tillers,,brushogs,,and finish mowers among a few. thingy

/ First Time Buyer Looking for Help #20  
A gas lawn / garden tractor will have to be replaced every few years. If you buy a SCUT, you will have it for the rest of your life. In the long run it is less expensive to buy the SCUT.
MF GC Series