First time tractor owner

/ First time tractor owner #11  
You got a good tractor, (sitting on the tractor) The air filters are on the right hand behind the screen between the radiator and fuel tank

Last edited:
   / First time tractor owner
The 37 loader is very handy. I reworked it with new cylinders and hoses, and quick connects for the bucket. Pull 4 pins, disco the hoses, and lets go plow, mow, or bale hay.[/QUOTE]

When I purchased this and learned it doesn't have down pressure, I was a little disappointed. I am wondering if there a person can replace the cylinders with two way (Is that what they are called?). How difficult was changing to quick connects? Hoses can be done at my automotive parts store so that part is easy.

/ First time tractor owner #13  
I know the those tractors well and have a loader that similar on my 2630.(same platform as yours) I have never know of a loader that only had one way cylinders so I learned something today. It should be a simple change to add cylinders and and I would think the control valve would only need to have those lines routed correctly

/ First time tractor owner #14  
Oh yes, you can do it. Bear in mind the 37 is the lightest duty loader they had at the time. Factory setup was one way cylinders for the boom. It would be real easy (IMHO) to really fudge up the works, so to speak. I just left well enough alone, and had the boom cylinders rebuilt by a local hydraulics shop. The factory bucket was originally a rope trip manure bucket, and had been "farmerized" with 2 cylinders mounted on the arms. I found a couple of new ones here Surplus Center . Another good place to look for hydro stuff is Discount Hydraulic Hose. Between the two places I found everything I needed to upgrade to a joystick valve, new hoses, fittings, hose protectors, and lots of good info. As far as the QCs, it was pretty easy. Spent more time figuring out how I wanted to do it routing the hoses etc. than anything. Found a 5' materials bucket for a skid steer, and shortened it to be a little more to scale. I'll get some pictures of the after, here's a couple of the before. The one thing I wasn't able to figure out was the routing of the hose for the left boom cylinder. It crossed over the top of the hood, and still does. Can you get a picture of how it routes on yours? HTH Mark

Controls and hose routing

Bucket and Cylinders

Max Height

View From the "Con"

Your tractor caught my eye once before. I was admiring your platform connected to your three point. I have a lot of wood cutting in my future and loved the versatility that it provides you. My loader is a single cylinder like you would see with the manure bucket option that the model 37 had. There is down pressure with the bucket, but not on the boom. Mine no longer has a manure bucket, but a 84" loader type bucket. It's huge. I plan to retrofit a snow plow blade to it for winter plowing in the coming weeks.

Regarding the routing of the hydraulic hoses, yours is nice and clean; much cleaner than mine. However to feed the left boom cylinder, they route under the tractor. I will snag some photos tonight when I get home.

Here are more photos of the tractor, specifically the routing of the hydraulics. Again, this is as it was from the previous owner and have not touched it YET.
IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

IMG_1964.JPG

IMG_1965.JPG

IMG_1966.JPG

Last edited:
Not that amazing. The previous owner had painted the wheels. In fact, it made me a bit leery about the purchase. I kept thinking "what is hidden"?

/ First time tractor owner #19  
I'd thought about running the left boom hose underneath, but decided not to. Couldn't find a way to protect it, and my exhaust runs down and back. I tried to route everything where it wouldn't be snag-happy.

Briar, can you take some photos of your exhaust? I would love to route mine down, but I am not sure it is possible. Sucking exhaust fumes is getting old already.