First Tractor Purchase for 100 Acre Property

/ First Tractor Purchase for 100 Acre Property #61  
Buying and owning hay equipment is as much a matter of personal convenience as anything. You can do your hay on your schedule and not someone elses. Cost has to be spread over a long haul. Looking at cost of equipment vs. buying hay or hiring work done always looks one-sided in short term picture. The numbers change with the weather too. Some years it is more practical than others to own your equipment. You must look at possible tax benifits as well. Anything AG related is "economy of scale" based these days. It always has been in some regards, but todays "scale" is much larger than years past. 10 acres probably won't pencil out as practical to own equipment, even long term, unless you buy VERY low buck equipment. A few folks I know who hay small acreage also "custom bale" for others to make the bottom line closer to break even.

/ First Tractor Purchase for 100 Acre Property #62  
WOW... lots of posts since I left Friday! Thanks for confirming my thoughts on the 5603. Dealer in Bartlesville, OK has a 5603 with the 542 self leveling loader for $41,998 cash or $43,500 financed. It was on Machinefinder don't know if it is still there. Seems like an OK price around 16% off for the cash price. I built one on the Deere site- $49,945 list.

As far as the 5x25 series, the 5625 is the 'chrome' version. I haven't built one of these in a few months but seems like $65,000 was possible with all the 'CHROME'

What is it... Chrome won't get ya home...