First Tractor Purchase

/ First Tractor Purchase #1  

captclapper

Tractor
None
Hello everyone, I've been a lurker on the forum for quite a long time and am finally looking to purchase a tractor. Some background, I have about 50 acres of wooded land in hills of Western Massachusetts. Here are some of the tasks I am thinking the tractor will help accomplish:
-Maintaining 800ft gravel driveway to house, including snow removal. I'm thinking using a plow on the front of the tractor would be best as we usually get snow less then a foot at a time. Maybe a spreader for the back for ice storms.
-Establishing and maintaining forest roads, we have some existing, some that need refurbishing and some that need to be established. Not sure what the best implements for this would be.
-Various landscaping projects. We just completed a house on the land and have numerous projects that we would like to accomplish. I am thinking loader and backhoe would help with the majority of what we would like to do.
-Forestry projects. I would to be able to operate a skidding winch to selectively harvest trees on the property and would probably like to have a chipper as well to help clean things up.
I'm sure other things will come up as time goes on. I would like to have a cab even though we will be operating it in the woods a lot (I do have a good pole saw!) We have Kubota, Deere and Yanmar dealers nearby. Let me know what you guys think and thank you!

/ First Tractor Purchase #2  
PTO chippers take some power to run if you're chipping larger material. For example my Branson has 32 hp at the PTO and I run an 8" Woodmaxx 8H chipper on it. If I chip hardwood over about 4" I need to set the chipper feed as slow as it will go. For my uses the one task where I could use more HP is for the chipper. A chipper with a good size throat is useful even if you don't chip material that large. It means less trimming of branches.

Loaders on CUTS don't dig very well, they're more for moving loose material. The BH does dig well but a mini ex will do better.

Forestry winches are often rated by tractor HP but I think tractor weight is more of a consideration. They are in short supply right now.