First tractor

/ First tractor #21  
Figure i need loader, grapple attachment, backhoe and probably log splitter attachment.

Personally, I would just buy the standalone splitter from your store of choice. Likely easier than swapping attachments. Just drive the log to your woodyard with the grapple-buck to firewood length while still in the grapple, and then go grab another log.

Set up a splitting day at your convenience.

/ First tractor #22  
Doing research for purchasing first tractor. I am a 54 yr old home builder homesteading 3 acres of mountain property. Gotten into 4th yr here in 2024 and property needs a tractor to progress. Have about 20 trees already felled, a sawmill waiting to accept them. There are also trenches that need to be dug, some possibly 300ft long along with dropping more trees continuing clearing to build rental cabins. Probably can only afford an under 40hp tractor. Figure i need loader, grapple attachment, backhoe and probably log splitter attachment. I am in Maine and have choice of manufacturers, for the most part, within 2 hours. I say first tractor but i had a1970 case 530 ck with a poor transmission. Could not get that tractor up the mountain. Because of the poor tranny could not back up, it barely would move forward after a couple months of work. Through that experiment i know i need 4wd. Any import from experienced owners in quality and pricing of manufacturers like jd, mf, bad boy, Kubota or any other suggestions. Thank you for reading this far.
Marc~
I used mine for the same purposes in the hills of TN. Anything smaller or lighter than my Kioti CK3510H would have been dangerous for moving 9' hickory logs after cutting or fixing a gravel drive on steep hills. Check the specs for loader and other weight capacities. With a dedicated TLB you lose the ability to use 3 point attachments...not good.