First visit to a Rural King

/ First visit to a Rural King #31  
We don't have Rural King or Tractor Supply ... they sound interesting.

In BC, we do have Peavey Mart, Princess Auto, and Buckerfields, but none of them are a one-stop-shop.
Our primary farm store is the county farmer's co-op. It's been here for 80 years and serves local farmers/loggers. The stores are the basic hardware/pumps/hoses/clothing/plants, with a yard and warehouses for bigger stuff like water tanks, feed rings, and they have a larger warehouse and yard outside of town for bulk hay, seed, fertilizer and chemicals. The store also has a pump repair shop, and sells small tractor implements. If you buy a membership you get an annual dividend based on how much you buy. If you file a Schedule F, they will print a list of all your purchases for the year, so you don't have to worry about keeping receipts for that irrigation fitting or the truckload of cattle feed you sent your ignorant kid to pick up.

Our secondary farm store is Coastal Farm, which sounds a lot like Rural King. It's a more modern big box style store, about the size of a typical Walmart. They do a good job of stocking sprayer parts, and sometimes even beat Bi-Mart on firearm prices.

Tractor Supply has recently moved into the area. They seem to be like Dollar General, putting stores everywhere. If there's a rural convenience store, TS is it. So far the only thing I have bought there is bird seed and 1/4" chain.

/ First visit to a Rural King #32  
Some horse friends of ours say RK is Redneck Walmart.
You can add another horse friend to that list! We are on the south side of town so we don't get out to RK. Thankfully TSC will price match them. So I often go in with the RK website up on my phone to get the price match at TSC.

They are not going to like me because RK is selling mulch for like $1.99 a bag and TSC has it for $4 something a bag. I need 50 bags or so.

/ First visit to a Rural King #33  
You can add another horse friend to that list! We are on the south side of town so we don't get out to RK. Thankfully TSC will price match them. So I often go in with the RK website up on my phone to get the price match at TSC.

They are not going to like me because RK is selling mulch for like $1.99 a bag and TSC has it for $4 something a bag. I need 50 bags or so.
That's good to know.

/ First visit to a Rural King #34  
But seriously, Rural King has a pretty darn big candy selection. Someone should be able to find something there that they enjoy. (y)
Spend money.

That's it: SPEND MONEY.