Fishing Photos

/ Fishing Photos #1  

NSBound

Platinum Member
Tractor
Landini 4140 HST
Thought some might enjoy these! 1 pic of a person, 3 of birds, all fishing in one way or another :). All of these shots were taken here in Nova Scotia, all within a few miles of my house, some within yards of my house :)

Attachments

• IMGL1636 Osprey.jpg
    IMGL1636 Osprey.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 141
  • IMGL7347-TBN.jpg
    IMGL7347-TBN.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMGL7708 Bald Eagle.jpg
    IMGL7708 Bald Eagle.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 157
  • Salmon Fishing.jpg
    Salmon Fishing.jpg
    391.3 KB · Views: 181
   / Fishing Photos #2  
Nice pics! Did you take them? Also just a curious question as we are looking to move down to either Nova Scotia or New Brunswick and one requirement is my being able to fly fish. I know Atlantic Salmon is the king down there and are not easy to catch. Is the second pic a trout of some kind? And what is the last guy in the pic catching?

And one final question if you do not mind me asking. Approximately where are you in NS and how is the fishing in your area?

Tks.

/ Fishing Photos
Nice pics! Did you take them? Also just a curious question as we are looking to move down to either Nova Scotia or New Brunswick and one requirement is my being able to fly fish. I know Atlantic Salmon is the king down there and are not easy to catch. Is the second pic a trout of some kind? And what is the last guy in the pic catching? And one final question if you do not mind me asking. Approximately where are you in NS and how is the fishing in your area? Tks.

Thanks Kyle! Yes, they're all my photos. The second pic of the merganser is what locals call a mud sucker, or so I'm told. The last guy is fly fishing for Atlantic Salmon. There are several rivers that flow from the north shore into the Northumberland Strait and all have been having good years lately for Atlantic Salmon (fly fishing only is allowed, and with a special salmon license), season is open in September and October only. I live near Wallace, and fishing around here is very good :) The best salmon fishing however is up in the Margaree River in Cape Breton, with a longer season. And as for New Brunswick, well I'm sure you've heard about the Miramichi :)

Last edited:
   / Fishing Photos #4  
Thanks Ian. You take very nice photos, another hobby of mine but I am no where near as good. Yes, I have heard of the Miramichi but am thinking I would prefer to be closer down either near/around Moncton. I mapped where Wallace is, nice area. We have seriously looked at properties closer to Amherst and Sackville, N.B., even a couple of places right down on the Fundy as it's beautiful down there as well.

/ Fishing Photos #5  
I live in moncton .Only an hour to miramichi..Great salmon fishing but also great trout fishing around here.Since they opened the causeway gates the river came alive.caught a sea trout in front of my camp 19 inches long.The game warden told me salmon are also running up the petti

/ Fishing Photos
Thanks Ian. You take very nice photos, another hobby of mine but I am no where near as good. Yes, I have heard of the Miramichi but am thinking I would prefer to be closer down either near/around Moncton. I mapped where Wallace is, nice area. We have seriously looked at properties closer to Amherst and Sackville, N.B., even a couple of places right down on the Fundy as it's beautiful down there as well.
Thanks Kyle! For property values and a nice town, check out Springhill, NS too. It's 15 minutes to Amherst and property values are half of those in Amherst.