Fitting size

/ Fitting size #1  

ffclassic

Tractor
2010 kubota m7040 dtc
I purchased a BARE-co cylinder on Ebay and I'm not real sure on the size of the ports. I think it is an Australian company.
These are the specs:4"Bore x 18" Stroke
Shaft Diameter 2"
Closed Length 28 1/4"
Pin Diameter 1"
Ports 3/4" UN O-Ring
Working Pressure 3,000 lbs
Is this the same as an SAE 8 fitting?
I got the cylinder brand new for $97.00 including $40.00 for shipping, hopefully I can find the right fittings. I plan on using it to add a boom pole to my 3pt trailer mover.
Thanks, Matt

Last edited:
   / Fitting size
   / Fitting size #3  
Perhaps this. Straight thread ORB to NPT.

Attachments

• zORB-npt.jpg
    zORB-npt.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 128
   / Fitting size
Perhaps this. Straight thread ORB to NPT.

JJ,
I found BARE-Co's website. They have an office in Sacramento but do not sell directly to customers. They have an adapter PN B3440 which isA 3/4 UNO toB 1/2 NP. I have to fill out a parts request and then they forward it to a dealer. Maybe one of the hydraulics guys on TBN handles BARE-Co? Here is a pic of the adapter.

PS, I always like reading your replies. How long did it take you to gain such vast knowledge?

Attachments

• b3440.jpg
    b3440.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 118
   / Fitting size #5  
JJ,
I found BARE-Co's website. They have an office in Sacramento but do not sell directly to customers. They have an adapter PN B3440 which isA 3/4 UNO toB 1/2 NP. I have to fill out a parts request and then they forward it to a dealer. Maybe one of the hydraulics guys on TBN handles BARE-Co? Here is a pic of the adapter.

PS, I always like reading your replies. How long did it take you to gain such vast knowledge?

That's a common-as-dirt fitting that you shouln't have to jump through hoops to find. Baum, Surplus Center or any local hydraulics shop or reasonably well-stocked equipment dealership likely has in stock at a nominal cost.

/ Fitting size #6  
In your private message, I thought you were looking for female thread on the NPTF side. If you actually want a male thread, then the photo JJ posted is of the fitting you want. 6401-08-08 on our web site. It is a pretty common fitting. You can order it here O-Ring Boss (ORB) x Male Pipe NPTF) Adapter or you can probably find it a local hydraulic repair shop.

/ Fitting size
Thanks Ken,

I'll wait until the cylinder arrives to order the adapter. That gives me time to see what else I need. I had never heard of a UNO fitting before.

/ Fitting size #8  
Thanks Ken,

I'll wait until the cylinder arrives to order the adapter. That gives me time to see what else I need. I had never heard of a UNO fitting before.

Neither had I. Until yesterday, UNO was just a card game to me. :)

Seems people make up their own names for things all of the time. I did some sleuthing on the Bareco web site, and determined that "UNO" was some kind of shorthand for UNF thread with an O-Ring. I already knew that SAE.ORB fittings all use UNF thread, so it was an easy leap to figure out what they were talking about.

/ Fitting size #9  
G'day guys don't you lot start on having strange way of saying things sometimes it can take me hours to work out what you are talking about:laughing:. But seriously Bare co stuff is of a good quality and you are right they are an aus co been supplying aftermarket parts for years and i have not had an issue with their stuff
also there is a very good size chart on their website to help you work out hyd fittins

Jon