Mowing Five or Six Foot?

/ Five or Six Foot?
It looks unanimous. I think you've convinced me. I was leaning that way but the penny pincher in me always tries to ruin things. I think I would regret getting the 5 footer. Thanks for nudging me the right way.

/ Five or Six Foot? #12  
No problem... pretty easy spend *your* money :laughing:

/ Five or Six Foot? #13  
I'd sure go with 6' if I was cutting 10 acres very often. You will never get close to a fence line or other obstructions with a 5' mower.

MarkV

I have to go with a 6ft also for the reasons mentioned above. I think you will appreciate the extra foot of cutting width on the 10 acres, and deal with the extra foot cutting trails on the rest of the place. Hey, that would be a good chance to make your trails a foot wider!!

/ Five or Six Foot? #14  
I have both an old 5 ft and a new 6 ft. I mow about 40-50 acres and the 6 ft cuts the time needed ALOT. In fact that's why I bought the 6 ft cutter. I would DEFINATELY recc. the 6 ft cutter. As stated above, the only problem with maneuverability is the length not the width plus you can get close to fence rows with the 6 ft whereas you can't with the 5 footer. Just my thoughts.... Belah:thumbsup:

/ Five or Six Foot? #15  
I have a similar need of field and trails mowing.
I seriously consider to buy a 6' flail mower with heavy duty knives.
Much smaller machine than the rotary cutter.
I think it would provide better manoeuvrability in tihgt places in the woods.

/ Five or Six Foot? #16  
I have a similar need of field and trails mowing.
I seriously consider to buy a 6' flail mower with heavy duty knives.
Much smaller machine than the rotary cutter.
I think it would provide better maneuverability in tight places in the woods.

There are a LOT of threads on flail mowers, use your "search" feature and sit back for hours of reading. One of the members that comes to mind you might want to contact is leonz; many are quite knowledgeable, but I think he is the strongest supporter and I have learned a lot from him.

I need to back under and over ditches, bushes, trees etc., so I need the reach afforded by a rotary cutter.