Five station log splitter

/ Five station log splitter #3  
Like the idea..more so if under 2'.

/ Five station log splitter #4  
interesting..... i like this one.. just may have to build it this winter..HUMMMMM YouTube - Overview of Self Propelled Double Vertical Firewood Splitter with Conveyor

There are a bunch of homemade firewood processors on youtube. Just saw this one and like it a lot:

YouTube - Homemade Firewood Processor Part 1

I really like the ram setup he's using, visibly much faster on the return stroke. I still wonder if you could get by with a single acting cylinder and a heavy spring.

/ Five station log splitter #6  
   / Five station log splitter #7  
ya it's fast on the return, must have a regen circuit or a very large rod .. we built this one 2 years ago, have done some upgrades.. larger engine and modified the clamp system YouTube - Home made wood processor
i guess i had a weak moment... regen on the back stroke.....OOOPPPSSSS http://www.hwhcorp.com/ml37939.pdf

Really nice! So many questions, lol... Have you found any good references for building a whole system, or did you design it from scratch? Is it all operating off of one pump? What's the baby cylinder on the saw arm used for? And quick regen question, looks like the doc (which is great btw) doesn't allow for regen on back stroke, did it not work (assuming b/c of incorrect pressure differential)?

/ Five station log splitter #8  
Really nice! So many questions, lol... Have you found any good references for building a whole system, or did you design it from scratch? Is it all operating off of one pump? What's the baby cylinder on the saw arm used for? And quick regen question, looks like the doc (which is great btw) doesn't allow for regen on back stroke, did it not work (assuming b/c of incorrect pressure differential)?

jcims... we designed????!!!!! LOL !!!! and built it from scratch taking things from several machines...
as far as the pumps, we are running a triple section pump we built from scratch - 10 gallons(at 2700psi) for the saw,10 gallons for the splitter(at 2000psi) and 5 gallons for the rest on the hydraulic cylinders, all this is run on a 25 hp Honda now, the video has a 15 hp engine. We were just setting flows and pressures for the first time when my sister took the video. the baby cylinder is an 1 inch air cylinder, we are using this for the chain oiler system along with a pressure and flow control valves....
as far as the regen... like you said no pressure diff. jim

/ Five station log splitter #9  
jcims... we designed????!!!!! LOL !!!! and built it from scratch taking things from several machines...
as far as the pumps, we are running a triple section pump we built from scratch - 10 gallons(at 2700psi) for the saw,10 gallons for the splitter(at 2000psi) and 5 gallons for the rest on the hydraulic cylinders, all this is run on a 25 hp Honda now, the video has a 15 hp engine. We were just setting flows and pressures for the first time when my sister took the video. the baby cylinder is an 1 inch air cylinder, we are using this for the chain oiler system along with a pressure and flow control valves....
as far as the regen... like you said no pressure diff. jim

You guys must be good building by gut then, because it came together very well! I bet it rips with the Honda engine.

I'd love to do something like this as a pet project, need to get my workshop built (hopefully next year) first to squirrel away all the parts. Don't need the capacity, as i only burn 4-5 cords a year, I just like the Rube Goldberg aspect of it all.

Thanks for the info!

/ Five station log splitter #10  
I'd like to make a request of anyone posting things on you tube or with lots of large size photos. Take pity on those of us stuck on dial up. If possible, please put in a still photo and or smaller photo's. The cable co. wants $3000 plus to install cable because I'm 350 ft from the road (already tried to get them to put it in the garage by the road and I'd run my own cable) and from what I've read about satellite internet, it's almost as slow as dialup under anything but ideal conditions. Many times I don't bother to look at something because it'll take 10 15 minutes to load in short spurts.
Thanks,
Smiley