fixin it wile its broke

/ fixin it wile its broke #11  
if that's under the dry bellhousing portion of the casting forward.. closer to the engine that the rear of the tranny.. you've already been told what it is.

it's a bellhousing weep hole for utf from a tranny input shaft seal to leak thru.. or for the rear main to leak thru.. there should be a cotter pin in there to jingle around and keep the hole open.. if it clogs.. oil builds up and soaks your 350-550$ clutch and ruins it.

first thing you need to do is get an owners manual, parts manual, and a service manual and become familiar with your machine.

refer to unknown parts by proper name or part number makes the people helping you search less and give you more correct and direct info vs fishing for data.

that said.

if it's a 'dripping leak.. determine if it is utf.. if it is.. it's fromt he tranny.. if so.. check the fill level plug on the right side of the trans and make sure it is not overfull.. if it is overfull it will surely leak out the input shaft seal.

if not that.. it is engine oil.

if a dripping leak.. I'd put a piece of carbooard under it till it needed fixing.

if it is a stream or pouring out.. or a fast drip.. then repair according to issue.. IE.. repalce clutch and service input shaft seal.. check flywheel and ring gear. if rear main.. you will be dropping the pan..

/ fixin it wile its broke #12  
What I would do is take a large flat file and be sure the cover plate is flat, be sure the transmission housing is flat, and everything is clean, the gasket you can make one out of any piece of cardboard, about 1/16 thick. A parts box or a cereal box work, take a thin piece of paper and cut the gasket to the inside of transmission hole and bolt holes as a tracing. Put that on the gasket and do not worry about the outside. Use as thin a layer of Loctite 5699 ultra gray silicone, wash the mounting surfaces with solvent, while the solvent is still damp, bolt it together. Use hand tools and be gentle, spin the bolts in then in stages to the final torque.
Solvent reacts with silicone and when the solvent evaporates the silicone sticks secure and stable. That is how the mount the gear clusters in Class eights.
When it is all done then trim the outside, of the gasket, refill the transmission, wash it off with Gunk citrus, not the foam, engine cleaner and a preasure washer is best, run to test.

/ fixin it wile its broke #13  
What I would do is take a large flat file and be sure the cover plate is flat, be sure the transmission housing is flat, and everything is clean, the gasket you can make one out of any piece of cardboard, about 1/16 thick. A parts box or a cereal box work, take a thin piece of paper and cut the gasket to the inside of transmission hole and bolt holes as a tracing. Put that on the gasket and do not worry about the outside. Use as thin a layer of Loctite 5699 ultra gray silicone, wash the mounting surfaces with solvent, while the solvent is still damp, bolt it together. Use hand tools and be gentle, spin the bolts in then in stages to the final torque.
Solvent reacts with silicone and when the solvent evaporates the silicone sticks secure and stable. That is how the mount the gear clusters in Class eights.
When it is all done then trim the outside, of the gasket, refill the transmission, wash it off with Gunk citrus, not the foam, engine cleaner and a preasure washer is best, run to test.
SoundGuy has already answered this and the OP removed the plate and it is not a liquid sealing plate.

/ fixin it wile its broke #14  
you've just given the op the way to ruin his 350-500$ clutch! Good job! ;)

that weep hole is there for a reason! to leak oil out to keep clutch dry AND to let you know there is a rear main or tranny input shaft seal leak that you need to REPAIR.. not HIDE. !!!!!

soundguy

/ fixin it wile its broke
am not trying to hide anything i am trying to make sure i get this fixed right i don't want to accidently run out of oil so i try and fix a problem when i see it not just patch it im a retired mechanic and i know what hiding a small problem will cause .

/ fixin it wile its broke #16  
am not trying to hide anything i am trying to make sure i get this fixed right i don't want to accidently run out of oil so i try and fix a problem when i see it not just patch it im a retired mechanic and i know what hiding a small problem will cause .

my reply was to johnp33 re: the advice he gave you to just gasket and goop the hole up...

my reply was to johnp33 re: the advice he gave you to just gasket and goop the hole up...

im sorry i didn't relize that it was not ment for me i would like to thik that other people will see it and relize that im not in to that kind of "repaires"

i would also like to ask you a question, have you ever seen or heard of the cam plate that is on the back of the motor leak oil? i have a nasty oil leak and i think it might be the cam plate .

/ fixin it wile its broke #19  
where is the oil leak at? post a picture..

it runs down the very front of the transmission i thought it was a rear main seal so i put a new seal in didn't slow the leak at all, i will be spliting this tractor to repair/ replace the clutch so im looking for any idea as to what i need to look at closer wile it is appart.can't post pic camera isn't with me.