Fixing a New Holland weld

/ Fixing a New Holland weld #11  
Biggest downside to MIG is lack of penetration with the machines commonly used by hobbyists/part time welders. A MIG machine that'll do that right costs $2000+ used. A stick machine that'll do it costs less than $500.
I have to disagree with you, that a $2000+ must be used to get proper penetration with a MIG welder. I have properly welded plenty of 5/16" inch thick steel with my 115 Lincoln SP125 PLUS MIG welder. By properly I mean the proper amount of penetration. The way to do this requires pre-heating the work before welding.

Eric

/ Fixing a New Holland weld #12  
I have to disagree with you, that a $2000+ must be used to get proper penetration with a MIG welder. I have properly welded plenty of 5/16" inch thick steel with my 115 Lincoln SP125 PLUS MIG welder. By properly I mean the proper amount of penetration. The way to do this requires pre-heating the work before welding.

Eric
Could be. I haven't tried that. Couple things though. One, preheating something like that is going to be quite the hassle, and two, I'll bet that tube is quite a bit thicker than 5/16. Anyway, as Arayt reminded me, the OP has a 200 amp welder, so he/she should be good to go. (y)