Flame Cabinet

/ Flame Cabinet #11  
I saw one of those tall cabinets sell on a farm sale Saturday for $15. I don't put anything flammable in my shop.

/ Flame Cabinet #12  
In reality, what causes most spontaneous combustion shop fires is, besides no common sense, wadding up greasy rags and such and leaving them in a pile somewhere and forgetting about them. If I have an oily rag and it don't wind up on the burn pile, I'll spread it out somewhere where all alone, not wadded up in a pile. Actually, I've taken to using the blue heavy duty ship towels on a roll in a dispenser versus cloth shop rags lately.

/ Flame Cabinet #14  
We are fortunate to have detached garages and sheds. So flammables like gas and spray paint are kept out there. Not much in value if it goes up.

However, dropping a lit cigarette into flammable liquid... no storage cabinet is going to prevent that. Just like filling a gas tank inside a building. Just don't do it.
I might add that if you fill a portable gas can, always place it on the ground when filling, never in your trunk or on your pickup truck bed, especially if you have a plastic bed liner and always keep the nozzle against the side of the gas can.

/ Flame Cabinet #15  
I might add that if you fill a portable gas can, always place it on the ground when filling, never in your trunk or on your pickup truck bed, especially if you have a plastic bed liner and always keep the nozzle against the side of the gas can.
Yep. Static happens.